/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The lost human colonies in halo. [?]
Posted By: ErnieDate: 5/10/02 3:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The lost human colonies in halo. (zudo)

: They've never been officially vetoed by Bungie though, so it's probably safe
: to consider them still accurate.

: There is nothing in them, after all, that contradicts the content in the Fall
: of Reach or the story in Halo.

: For example, the Bungie official Halo timeline seems more focussed on Earth
: than Mars -- perhaps this would provide more elbow room reguarding my
: revisionist theory of the new history of Marathon/Halo?

: [z]

Ok, I may be out of the loop, but what real significance is there to these 'lost colonies' theroy?
What I gather is:
-They are mentioned, in nonspecific detail, in the Cortana letters,
-There mentioned somhow in the Halo DVD making of that people are getting from the Bungie store from ordering,
-People THINK thre mentioned in some sentences in the Halo book FoR.

What I dont know is:
-Where does this come into either the Marathon or Halo universes? At what point, going from the assumption that Marathon/Halo are in the same universe (U.E.S.C Marathon is blissfully travaling to Tau ceti while Halo the game is going on), do these 'lost colonies' matter really?
DO they have an impact of some kind of Halo or Marathon universes as we know them?

To me this topic just came out of the blue, and im confused. : D
-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The lost human colonies in halo.Rick Blaine 5/8/02 3:38 p.m.
     Re: The lost human colonies in halo.Jacke 5/8/02 5:25 p.m.
           Re: The lost human colonies in halo.Rick Blaine 5/8/02 6:03 p.m.
                 Re: The lost human colonies in halo.Tru7h 5/8/02 7:48 p.m.
                       Re: The lost human colonies in halo.Hamish Sinclair 5/9/02 12:19 a.m.
                             Re: The lost human colonies in halo.archon 5/9/02 1:23 a.m.
                                   Re: The lost human colonies in halo.Rick Blaine 5/9/02 10:14 a.m.
                                         Re: The lost human colonies in halo.zudo 5/9/02 12:08 p.m.
                                               Re: The lost human colonies in halo.Tru7h 5/9/02 3:14 p.m.
                                                     Re: The lost human colonies in halo.[Tycho?] 5/9/02 5:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: The lost human colonies in halo.zudo 5/10/02 9:53 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The lost human colonies in halo. [?]Ernie 5/10/02 3:15 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The lost human colonies in halo. [?]Hamish Sinclair 5/11/02 10:01 a.m.
                                                                             Re: The lost human colonies in halo. [?]Rick Blaine 5/11/02 1:01 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.