/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

The opinion of an immature riff-raff ...
Posted By: JesterDate: 5/4/02 11:39 a.m.

In Response To: So It Finally Happened (Sad Story) (REB)

I took down my Marathon files when Fb announced charging. I sent a polite explanation, received a not so polite response, and got my account deleted. Which is fine ... it's Fm's server out of Fm's pocket and he is free to do that. But I'm getting tired of the public cheap shots.

Those who didn't take down their files out of "hasty immaturity", now have zero access to their files and no way to keep their files from being sold on a CD. Even if everyone took Fileball for granted (I know I did), this is NOT the way for a mature human being to behave. First, Fb announces charges and anyone who deletes their files gets their account deleted. Second, Fb erases all evidence of charges save for one insulting comment posted by Fm on the Mill concerning those who "are deleting their files for no good reasons other than to be lame." Now he's publically telling people to kiss his ass and selling CDs (of other people's work) to those who have been around long enough to know that Fm always puts messages in his HTML source.

Despite all this, I still thank him for his great contributions to the Marathon and Myth community. It's just saddening that he would behave this way.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

So It Finally Happened (Sad Story)REB 5/3/02 8:08 p.m.
     Re: So It Finally Happened (Sad Story)Sisgmund 5/3/02 9:09 p.m.
           Re: So It Finally Happened (Sad Story)Steve Campbell 5/14/02 1:06 p.m.
     The opinion of an immature riff-raff ...Jester 5/4/02 11:39 a.m.
           Re: The opinion of an immature riff-raff ...goran 5/4/02 3:50 p.m.
                 Re: The opinion of an immature riff-raff ...Jester 5/4/02 8:21 p.m.
     Re: So It Finally Happened (Sad Story)M-Class 5/4/02 12:39 p.m.
           Re: So It Finally Happened (Sad Story)REB 5/4/02 2:53 p.m.
                 hu??!!Tru7h 5/4/02 5:30 p.m.
     Re: So It Finally Happened (Sad Story)Boomer 5/4/02 7:27 p.m.
           Re: So It Finally Happened (Sad Story)Callie21V 5/4/02 8:03 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.