/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Extra Celestial
Posted By: LunairDate: 4/16/02 11:19 p.m.

In Response To: Extra Celestial (REB)

Yes, I definitely see what you mean about the "could have been a formula for disaster, except that it wasn't" part, REB. I just a-downloaded it, and played it through on Normal (or however far 'through' means), and I finally find out what I was missing all those years ago when I didn't have an internet connection…

I also understand why you'd take time to port this, I think; the are only two things bugging me, though. One, I didn't find any of the secret areas (I think; and though I make no claim to Vidmastery, don't tell me how to get 'em), and Two, the Hunters (that are standing on top of the central structure in that room with the 'moat' thingy and the pillars) didn't fire. They just howled and howled, until they were taken out by yours truly. My only guess as to why this is happening is that, perhaps, they don't have three passably polygons within walking distance, and so won't activate. I heard of this phenomenon while reading the Volunteers series, during the Marine's exploits in the Pfhor ship, and someone mentioned this. My hypothesis is that they can't drop into the moat without some help because of their min ledge jump, and so these polygons have been marked 'impassable' by the Hunters' li'l brain, and if that central structure is only two poly's, then there you have it! Perhaps.

So maybe that helps, but the real point to this message is 'Kudos to Nicholas Graham for making Extra Celestial, and to REB for porting it.' (The above is just my typical long-winded, rambling self. They don't make maps like they used to, that's for sure! Why, in my day… grumble, shrnfz, growl…)

Good job, both of ya's, and jolly good show!

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollREB 3/9/02 9:15 a.m.
     Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollGrasshopper 3/9/02 10:23 a.m.
           Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollREB 3/9/02 11:38 a.m.
                 Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollClaude Errera 3/12/02 6:20 a.m.
                       Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollREB 3/12/02 10:20 a.m.
     Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollAnaphiel 3/10/02 6:27 a.m.
           Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollREB 3/10/02 9:29 a.m.
                 Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollAndrew Nagy 3/10/02 8:43 p.m.
                       Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollREB 3/11/02 7:06 a.m.
                             Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels Poll *NM*Andrew Nagy 3/11/02 8:42 a.m.
                                   Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollBoomer 3/12/02 12:43 a.m.
                                         Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollREB 3/12/02 10:23 a.m.
     You Think I Was Kidding?REB 3/24/02 4:08 a.m.
           Re: You Think I Was Kidding?Hamish Sinclair 3/24/02 7:37 a.m.
                 How Many Rockers Do You Need...REB 4/5/02 9:32 p.m.
                       Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Hamish Sinclair 4/6/02 3:03 a.m.
                             Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...REB 4/6/02 3:47 a.m.
                                   Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Claude Errera 4/6/02 4:48 a.m.
                                         Oh, and...Claude Errera 4/6/02 4:54 a.m.
                                               Re: Oh, and...Hamish Sinclair 4/6/02 5:51 a.m.
                                         Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Hamish Sinclair 4/6/02 6:00 a.m.
                                               Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Hamish Sinclair 4/7/02 10:07 a.m.
                                                     Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Claude Errera 4/7/02 10:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Mark Levin 4/8/02 12:14 a.m.
                                                                 Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Claude Errera 4/8/02 5:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Mark Levin 4/8/02 7:04 a.m.
                                                                             Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...:: Beer Can :: 4/8/02 1:07 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Claude Errera 4/8/02 8:31 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Mark Levin 4/8/02 8:49 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...:: Beer Can :: 4/8/02 10:27 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Andrew Nagy 4/9/02 1:29 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Hamish Sinclair 4/9/02 2:16 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Mark Levin 4/9/02 3:47 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Hippieman [B.Org] 4/10/02 10:51 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Hamish Sinclair 4/10/02 12:03 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...M-Class 4/9/02 1:43 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Mark Levin 4/9/02 3:47 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...:: Beer Can :: 4/8/02 10:39 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...:: Beer Can :: 4/13/02 4:56 a.m.
                                   Re: How Many Rockers Do You Need...Hamish Sinclair 4/6/02 5:49 a.m.
     Extra CelestialREB 4/15/02 2:22 a.m.
           Re: Extra CelestialLunair 4/16/02 11:19 p.m.
                 Re: Extra CelestialREB 4/18/02 1:02 a.m.
     Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels PollSpeaker-To-Animals 4/21/02 5:25 p.m.
           Re: The M1A1 3rd Party Levels Poll:: Beer Can :: 4/21/02 5:51 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.