/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The question many people who read this ask:
Posted By: :: Beer Can ::Date: 4/8/02 1:31 p.m.

In Response To: The question many people who read this ask: (Ernie)

>Well, what is the premise of the
>game Telengard itsself?

First, let me ask you, and everyone here, a question:

Why do you some of you guys feel this irresistible need to change Subject lines?

I only just now noticed your reply, and frankly would NEVER have noticed, had I not just happened to scroll-down on a fluke.

Anyway...

>many other people have no idea.

Hahhaha! Well, there's got to be a couple stalwarts around here who know Telengard!

Frankly, though, if it's something you were never exposed to (back in the good ol' days), the reference will have no meaning, even when you discover the thing that is Telengard.

In fact, you'd probably say, "What the hell? *That*? Why?!"

>That and WHY?

See what I mean?

;)

Purely for purposes nostalgic.

But now, come to think of it, Telengard was so immensely basic, even I, with zero mapmaking skills, could probably create the thing.

Telengard was a game released, if I remember correctly, as a thing called "Rogue", or was it "DND"? Whatever the lineage, it was played over mainframes back in, like, 1980-ish?

If my facts are straight, Telengard evolved from that incarnation, and was available for several different kinds of computers.

From a company called Avalon Hill.

It was a simple dungeon romp, and not much more. Incredibly addictive...even now. Had a surreal quality; a strange, empty, infinite feeling.

My stab at this game was on the mighty box that was Commodore-64. No fancy floppy disks for me, either, man...it was DataSette all the way!

If I get more info, I'll key you in.

I'm sure you'll be waiting eagerly, losing sleep, eating poorly, and biting the soft flesh between thumb and index finger...

:: Beer Can ::

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon/Telengard:: Beer Can :: 4/5/02 11:46 a.m.
     The question many people who read this ask:Ernie 4/6/02 2:09 p.m.
           Re: The question many people who read this ask::: Beer Can :: 4/8/02 1:31 p.m.
                 Marathon/Telengardekul 4/8/02 10:50 p.m.
                 Re: The question many people who read this ask:Vid Boi 4/9/02 6:03 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.