/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!
Posted By: Alfred MordeirDate: 4/6/02 10:42 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo! (Mazilurik)

: Well, all those terminals are just about as long as a book... (each Marathon
: game has about 70-80 pages of Times 12 pt. text). The fact of the matter
: is that the vast majority of the terminals in Marathon, while they're
: great to read, would make absolutely horrible dialogue; I doubt anyone
: would want to sit in one place for five minutes hearing the Gheritt White
: terminal dictated to him. Perhaps it would have been a good idea for
: Bungie to put a few Marathon-style terminals in the game in addition to
: the dialogue, though that undoubtedly would have made the game feel less
: cinematic.

Yeah, but this was all integrated into the game. You could play marathon for the first time with no preperation what so ever. Halo however carelessly tosses you into a situation with little set up save for the two page prologue in the manuel. When Halo was first anounce we were bombarded with quote's of the Covenant's Biblical Rhetoric, and we all took a gander at "Halo's Official Back story", but non of that was really depicted in the game. I haven't read FoR so I can't assume anything about it other than the fact that it was just a receptical for all the plot and story that Bungie didn't have the time and/or energy to incorporate into the actual game. Now the mane arguement against the implication that Halo's story is shallow is that FoR show that it's part of a more intricate back story. No offence to Halo's true fans, I respect your opinions as much as anyone, but it makes no sense to me to work so hard on a backround story while the fore ground story suffers for it.

343 Guilty Spark's Highschool bully
Alfred Mordeir

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Vid Boi 3/29/02 3:24 a.m.
     Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Tasnu Arakun 3/29/02 4:05 a.m.
           Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Johannes Gunnar 3/29/02 5:27 a.m.
                 Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!REB 3/29/02 7:27 p.m.
           Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Andrew Nagy 3/29/02 12:25 p.m.
                 Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Tasnu Arakun 3/29/02 12:47 p.m.
     Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Jester 3/29/02 10:07 a.m.
           *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*[zudo] 3/29/02 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Andrew Nagy 3/29/02 12:20 p.m.
                       Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Tru7h 3/29/02 2:12 p.m.
                             Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Vid Boi 3/29/02 3:52 p.m.
                                   Haha!Djof 3/29/02 6:32 p.m.
                                   Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Alfred Mordeir 3/30/02 9:15 a.m.
                                         Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*zudo 3/30/02 11:20 a.m.
                                               Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Alfred Mordeir 4/2/02 7:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*[zudo] 4/2/02 1:43 p.m.
                                                           Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Alfred Mordeir 4/2/02 9:16 p.m.
                                                                 Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Inverted Sock Puppet 4/3/02 12:38 a.m.
                                                                 Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*[zudo] 4/3/02 2:25 a.m.
                                                                       Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Inverted Sock Puppet 4/4/02 5:41 p.m.
                                                                             LOL fair enough :D *NM*zudo 4/5/02 2:49 a.m.
                                         Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Vid Boi 3/31/02 1:52 p.m.
                                               Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*archon 3/31/02 4:01 p.m.
                                               Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*ferrex 4/1/02 10:48 a.m.
                                                     Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Claude Errera 4/1/02 11:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Vid Boi 4/1/02 3:31 p.m.
                                                                 Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*[zudo] 4/2/02 1:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Claude Errera 4/3/02 1:13 p.m.
                                                                             Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*[zudo] 4/3/02 1:28 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Vid Boi 4/3/02 2:10 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*[zudo] 4/3/02 4:07 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Claude Errera 4/3/02 2:41 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*[zudo] 4/3/02 4:04 p.m.
                             Re: *halo story (such that it is) spoiler*Andrew Nagy 3/29/02 7:25 p.m.
     I take some of that backVid Boi 3/29/02 11:27 a.m.
           FoRDjof 3/29/02 12:13 p.m.
                 Re: FoRVid Boi 3/29/02 3:53 p.m.
                       Re: FoRDjof 3/29/02 4:36 p.m.
           Re: I take some of that backAndrew Nagy 3/29/02 12:17 p.m.
     Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!archon 3/30/02 6:24 p.m.
           Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Alfred Mordeir 4/1/02 9:22 p.m.
           Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!ERaZer 4/5/02 1:10 p.m.
                 Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Djof 4/5/02 2:32 p.m.
                 Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!archon 4/5/02 6:05 p.m.
                 Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Mazilurik 4/6/02 7:30 a.m.
                       Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Alfred Mordeir 4/6/02 10:42 a.m.
                             Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!archon 4/6/02 12:49 p.m.
                             Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo!Mazilurik 4/6/02 1:12 p.m.
                                   Just put it in REAL small type *NM*Tru7h 4/6/02 1:18 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.