/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

IM still confused.
Posted By: ErnieDate: 4/4/02 6:12 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Holy Jesus Crap (?!) (Tru7h)

Man, Mr. Seropian really did a number on making bizarre quotes.
So:

Why would he (as a part of Bungie) make a reference to the Marathon and Halo marines being similar? I've read all the posts regarding this, and many people (Mark, tru7h, other on the HBO forum) have explanations of it that to them (and some to me) seem plausable, but all conflict.

My head hurts. Again.

If there was any plausable way to connect the Halo Marine to the Marathon one, would it really make any sense? I got a distinct feeling from Matt (of Bungie fame)'s response on the HBO forums to the question of Seropian XBN mag quote. That feeling was that Bungies leaving it wide open to somehow connect the Halo Marine to the Halo one. How? I dont know. No one does, i guess.

One last comment,
Since Matt has said that Halo was origionaly going to have X amount of level (X being 16.. i think), and many levels had to be cut for the Xbox release of Halo? Will those levels be present, therefore giving a different gameplay/story to the Mac/PC Halo versions from the early Xbox release?

Strange questions indeed.

BTw, if any is interested I will, WILL post my Marathon story (fan fiction, but dont with terminals, and pictures!) Soon. Its done, but I gotta check the syntax. As anyone who has ever read one of my posts, I have the worst typing in the world. The last thing I need is the whole Marathon community wanting my blood because I misspelt p'fhor "phfore".

: D

-Ernie

: hes talking about Doom here (the armor is identical for john and doom guy)

: nope
: marathon marine has memories of his life on mars
: and hes not a B.O.B.

: -Tru7h
: -is pissed he didnt finish his april fools joke in time

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Holy Jesus Crap (?!)Ernie 4/1/02 5:58 p.m.
     Re: Holy Jesus Crap (?!)Mark Levin 4/1/02 6:21 p.m.
           Re: Holy Jesus Crap (?!)Hamish Sinclair 4/2/02 10:35 a.m.
     Re: Holy Jesus Crap (?!)Tru7h 4/1/02 7:10 p.m.
           IM still confused.Ernie 4/4/02 6:12 p.m.
                 Heheh.ekul 4/4/02 7:52 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.