/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo on Legendary!
Posted By: Wet Stain on Vidmaster's FistDate: 4/2/02 12:39 a.m.

In Response To: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo on Legendary! (Vid Boi)

: By the way, considering how extremely tough it will be to finish this game on
: Legendary (it was nearly impossible even on cooperative), the final
: surprise isn't good enogh. =/

The fact that there are such extra secrets at all is annoying. Not everyone has
the capabilities to finish the game on normal difficulty, much less the hardest one, and this kind of DEVELOPER elitism shuts those people out of that part of the plot. Personally, I was never very good at games, not even when I was 12, and much less now that I'm pushing 30, but I do enjoy an occasional game, especially if they have a plot. But if you get stuck because the game requires near superhuman speed or patience, it just isn't fun any more. Especially in Bungie games where you traditionally have few save spots, and even less chances to use game aids. Oh, all right. Cheats.

Of course, you could say that I have been playing the wrong kind of games. Perhaps, but I did enjoy Marathon trilogy for the plot more than killing the Pfhor (which, of course, is fun even by itself), and I like watching the Vidmasters do their magic in a way I know I never could. But I think it's wrong for the developers to expect all their players to become masters to experience the game "fully".

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo on Legendary!Vid Boi 3/31/02 1:55 p.m.
     Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo on Legendary!Wet Stain on Vidmaster's Fist 4/2/02 12:39 a.m.
           Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo on Legendary!Claude Errera 4/2/02 3:25 a.m.
     Re: Hahaaaa! I've finished Halo on Legendary!archon 4/2/02 1:33 a.m.
           EASY is a joke. *NM*Vid Boi 4/2/02 6:59 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.