/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) - LONG
Posted By: Reinaldo De LeonDate: 5/30/03 2:42 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) (Reinaldo De Leon)

: You know what is really confusing?
: Why the machines need to rebuild Zion? Would not it be better WITHOUT Zion?
: I cannot shake the feeling that Zion is part of the Matrix.

If you will bear with me...

“…she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly that, if left unchecked, might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.”

The quotes come from a copy and Paste of the dialogue between the Architect and Neo, I got it on the Web, but cannot remember the link.

My theory is weak, but I notice two things:

Form the Quotes: SYSTEMIC, searching on the web, I got this Medical Definition - "Pertaining to or affecting the body as a whole". It makes me think that Zion is a part of the whole.

Also: UNCHECKED - It is the thing that causes me the doubts. I believe that Zion could be a Matrix sub-scenario. This way the machines can constantly check on subjects not accepting the 99.9% programming. It may explain why Neo has powers outside the Matrix too.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Matrix Question...The person 5/29/03 2:38 p.m.
     Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Mark Levin 5/29/03 2:58 p.m.
           Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Vaxuum BOB 5/30/03 1:52 a.m.
                 Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGRunnerPaul 5/30/03 12:36 p.m.
                       Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGScifiteki 5/30/03 4:25 p.m.
                             Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGMcNutcase 5/31/03 12:36 a.m.
                       Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGBlacksmith 5/30/03 7:16 p.m.
                       Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGTru7h 6/1/03 5:41 p.m.
                             forgive my innocenceukimalefu 6/1/03 7:27 p.m.
                             Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGRunnerPaul 6/2/03 3:36 a.m.
                       Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGDurandal1010 6/15/03 2:27 p.m.
                             Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) LONGMark Levin 6/15/03 6:21 p.m.
                                   Sill you could use humans for power *HM*Durandal1010 6/15/03 6:45 p.m.
                 Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Djof 5/30/03 8:41 p.m.
           Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Vaxuum BOB 5/30/03 1:53 a.m.
                 Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Reinaldo De Leon 5/30/03 2:17 a.m.
                       Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Reinaldo De Leon 5/30/03 2:37 a.m.
                       Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS) - LONGReinaldo De Leon 5/30/03 2:42 a.m.
                             That's my best guess too. *NM*Djof 5/30/03 8:48 p.m.
                       Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Djof 5/30/03 8:45 p.m.
                             Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)RunnerPaul 5/31/03 3:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)ukimalefu 5/31/03 1:11 p.m.
                                         Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)RunnerPaul 6/1/03 3:06 a.m.
                                               Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)ukimalefu 6/1/03 5:28 a.m.
                                               Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)Jacke 6/1/03 2:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: Matrix Question... (SPOILERS)RunnerPaul 6/2/03 3:46 a.m.
                                                           The Matrix - the concept - its rootsagd 6/10/03 8:10 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Matrix - the concept - its rootsukimalefu 6/10/03 9:27 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The Matrix - the concept - its rootszudo 6/11/03 4:33 a.m.
                                                                             Re: The Matrix - the concept - its rootsagd 6/29/03 9:27 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: The Matrix - the concept - its rootszudo 6/30/03 12:43 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.