/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Lost Packet Document questions
Posted By: FinniganDate: 1/9/03 6:39 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Lost Packet Document questions (Hamish Sinclair)

Doors and elevators keep failing just when we need them.
What good does a intelligence quotient of ten thousand do
when you've got strangling hands around you're throat?>

I'm still a bit sketchy on this quote though. In the first sentence Muller is cursing the computer, but the last almost sounds like he is making excuses for Durandal, or even sympathising. Also, couldn't the "strangeling hands" reference the failing doors and elevators? BUT that would mean that Muller is referring to himself or his group "we" having an IQ of 10,000.

What IQ does a Cyborg have anyway? If the player is not the 10th cyborg, could Muller have been?

Maybe I'm just picky, but the allusion of "strangling" hands around the "throat" of a computer just sticks in my craw.

"Strangling" to me evokes images of being enclosed in an ever tighter place. Was that happening to Durandal? It certainly was to Muller and his men.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Lost Packet Document questionsFinnigan 1/8/03 8:51 a.m.
     Re: Lost Packet Document questionspoena.dare #CP# 1/8/03 9:07 a.m.
           Re: Lost Packet Document questionsHamish Sinclair 1/8/03 11:09 p.m.
                 Re: Lost Packet Document questionsFinnigan 1/9/03 6:39 a.m.
                       Re: Lost Packet Document questionspoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 7:23 a.m.
                             Re: Lost Packet Document questionsFinnigan 1/9/03 7:43 a.m.
                                   Re: Lost Packet Document questionspoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 7:58 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.