/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---
Posted By: ErnieDate: 8/28/02 12:54 p.m.

In Response To: Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!--- (Yossarian)

: Miscellaneous thoughts on above post.

: 1. You can't get beaten up at conventions like this, it just isn't possible.

Maybe... Maybe.

: 2. I want a T-Shirt like that.

Well, I'm looking into producing them in a larger quantity.
It just involves me ironing on a decal of the Marathon symbol (which turns out like a lighter black template) than I used stippling brushes with white textile paint to go over the iron on. I went over the symbol twice, and it was done.

I'm going to wash the shirt as well, and see how the textile paint (which I went over with an iron to make it permanent) holds up. If it's good, I wouldn't mind making a tee shirt or two for people if they provided the supplies (black tee shirt, a sheet of iron-on transfer paper, + small monetary donation).

: 3. You look frighteningly like yourself in your comic. That's to say the
: similarity is frightening, not you. ;)

Heh, that's what I aimed for. I draw what I see. It's the reason why I draw myself as I do. : )

: 4. Last time I checked, it was more appropriate to use "Asians"
: instead of "Oriental".

I thought it was the other way around. Every joke that's of a racial nature (racists suck) I've heard referred to people of a Japanese/Chinese, etc decent used 'Asians'. By using "Oriental" I thought It would be more respectful. It seemingly didn't offend the girl from the convention though. her name is Jennifer, and we've been communicating via email for about a week now. : )
It's not like I'm referring to all the white people [like myself] as 'crackers' or anything.

: 5. This three-roll taco I'm eating right now is really, really good.

Damn. Since summer started, I never eat decently. Its always "wake up after 2pm, the get to sleep around 4am". Therefore I'm never hungry when there's actual food made.

: 6. I have to get back to work now.

Sucker. I had to work from 1pm to 9pm yesterday. I get two days off for my birthday. I'm 18! Woo!

: Yossarian

Thanks for the response,
-
Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---Ernie 8/27/02 12:01 a.m.
     Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---Scifiteki 8/27/02 11:25 p.m.
           heh, thanks for the response.Ernie 8/28/02 1:13 a.m.
                 Re: heh, thanks for the response.Scifiteki 8/28/02 3:23 a.m.
     Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---Yossarian 8/28/02 11:46 a.m.
           Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---Ernie 8/28/02 12:54 p.m.
                 Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---Yossarian 8/28/02 4:37 p.m.
                       Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---Ernie 8/28/02 11:34 p.m.
                             Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---Yossarian 8/29/02 1:19 p.m.
                                   How to send $$ to Canada 101Ernie 8/29/02 3:17 p.m.
                                         Re: How to send $$ to Canada 101Robotpatrol 9/3/02 12:07 p.m.
                                               Re: How to send $$ to Canada 101Ernie 9/3/02 6:35 p.m.
                                                     LOL *NM*Tru7h 9/4/02 3:52 p.m.
                 Re: ---SFX 2002 Adventure's with Pictures!!---D-M.A. 8/29/02 2:23 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.