/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

AI speech?
Posted By: Vid BoiDate: 3/6/02 4:47 a.m.

Um... In the manual, Durandal is apparently _speaking_ to the player, but in the game we communicate through terminals, with text! That doesn't make sense?

The terminal through which Durandal _speaks_ in the shuttle should be of the same type as the other terminals since they all seem to use the same... And don't tell me that we see text but the text is just what they are saying - how do you say "^^Fire and @3DC39?"

It seems at some places the AIs speak and sometimes they write text. Or what? And another thing... What's all wrong with this sentence:

You can almost imagine the face of a wicked computer with its eyes wide and its lips folding out in a grotesque smile. A smile which reminds you of something from your past...

(Answer: it seems strange to me that he is just imagining the smile. If he had seen a smile and said "hey this reminds me of something" it would be totally normal. But how often do people say "Hey, I just saw an image in my head that is 100% a creation of my mind and it reminds me of something.")

That didn't come out right. I can't ´change my thoughts into words. But do you understand what I mean?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

AI speech?Vid Boi 3/6/02 4:47 a.m.
     Re: AI speech?A. Frane 3/6/02 6:23 a.m.
           Re: AI speech?Alfred Mordeir 3/6/02 9:27 a.m.
     Re: AI speech?zudo 3/6/02 10:01 a.m.
     The "Keep it simple, stupid" theoryRincewind MoG 3/6/02 7:31 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.