/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Spelling Inconsistencies
Posted By: PhilDate: 2/26/02 5:25 p.m.

In Response To: Spelling Inconsistencies (Steve Levinson)

As much as I'm sure many people love to theorize and postulate over every small detail and inconsistency of the story, I believe small details like these spelling errors can simply be chalked up to human error. The story from the Marathon series was written by several people, who may not have had all the time they needed to check the spelling of their character’s names. I choose to view the story as a story, and to look past the human errors and game-engine limitations that seem to cause plot points to contradict each other. I don't feel the story needs to be shoehorned to fit the technology or editorial scrutiny that was available at the time. But that's just me. And we all view the Marathon universe through our own eyes and see what we want to see, whether it's there or not.

-Phil.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Spelling InconsistenciesSteve Levinson 2/26/02 12:26 p.m.
     Re: Spelling Inconsistenciesarchon 2/26/02 2:55 p.m.
           Re: Spelling InconsistenciesVid Boi 2/27/02 6:43 a.m.
                 Re: Spelling Inconsistenciesarchon 2/27/02 9:16 a.m.
                       Re: Spelling InconsistenciesVid Boi 2/27/02 12:18 p.m.
                             Re: Spelling Inconsistenciesarchon 2/27/02 2:50 p.m.
                                   Re: Spelling Inconsistencieszudo 2/28/02 9:14 a.m.
                                         Re: Spelling InconsistenciesTru7h 2/28/02 1:59 p.m.
                 i can!!!! *NM*Tru7h 2/27/02 6:09 p.m.
     Re: Spelling InconsistenciesPhil 2/26/02 5:25 p.m.
     Aie Mak Sicur can't have been an accident *NM*Andrew Nagy 2/27/02 9:59 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.