/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: My ego feels good
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/26/02 9:29 a.m.

In Response To: My ego feels good (Max L.)

: P.S. Just out of curiosity and to stoke/deflate my ego, were there
: any terms that people particularly liked or disliked in Rubicon?
: I was always proud of the "color of hate" term, even if it was a
: little bit over the top.

Max - you did a great job! I liked your Durandal a lot - I really think that you captured his sarcasm perfectly, in spite of what some others have said. I also appreciated the attention to detail. With so many 3rd party scenarios and even parts of the original M trilogy, terminal text is fixed and does not change with completion of level goals. I liked the fact that the player could revisit terminals earlier in the level - even ones they shouldn't have been able to access - and get a different, often secret message.

As you probably know (it's documented in my secrets guide), there's a terminal on Five Finger Discount that says "DTB is for Pansies" after you have reached the core. Unfortunately, it's easily accessible from the core area through a window, so this is an amusing bug. My only other complaint is that you went too far with the Bernard Strauss background story - it strayed too far from the original Marathon story. I did enjoy your Color of Hate story - that was so typical of Durandal. I also liked his comments on Pfhor tastes (or lack there of) in interior design and their use of language. A wonderful job overall.

BTW - the Rubicon site is no longer fully functional, and the forum doesn't work at all. Is there any chance you can look into this?

-Steve Levinson
Marathon Addict and Rubicon affectionado

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

My ego feels goodMax L. 2/25/02 8:39 p.m.
     Re: My ego feels goodarchon 2/25/02 9:41 p.m.
           Re: My ego feels goodInverted Sock Puppet 2/25/02 11:42 p.m.
     Re: My ego feels goodSteve Levinson 2/26/02 9:29 a.m.
     Re: My ego feels goodMax Etchemendy 2/27/02 7:05 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.