/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Jason Jones Interview Tidbits + Burning Questions
Posted By: ErnieDate: 1/24/02 1:49 p.m.

I typed this post in Appleworks a week ago, saved it a THOUGHT i posted it. Whoops.

Here it is in all its glory:
-------------------

After reading Jason Jones Interview @ http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/1/news/stories/jason_jones_interviewed_by_you.html
I picked up some interesting tidbits...

- ”...That said though, it's the action that matters. We could have talked for years about the Nar's coal powered starships and it wouldn't have made Marathon any more fun to play. The game has got to come first, but it's made stronger by a good story. “

The nar had coal powered starships? Yet another fact of info about the mysterious race cryptically in Marathon.... ;-)

“....I'm not sure I like being taken seriously. A month ago a reporter from one of the big west coast papers asked me a leading question about video games being used by the marines to train real life soldiers, and hey, would I be interested in talking to them about Halo, because that sounds interesting, right? Hell yes, I say, as soon as the fucking space marines are interested in a real time training tool to desensitize themselves to killing aliens, I'll give you a quote for that story about video game violence you're working on. “
:-D

-”...But forget the name [in reference to the ‘Pillar of Autumn’], isn't it kind of suspicious that a single human corvette had any success at all against the Covenant navy, when in every previous battle the humans mostly just got sawed in half by particle beams when they tried to stand up to the aliens? (much less disabling four of their capital ships!) Do we know anyone who can work magic in fleet engagements against odds like that?
Ow. Somebody just kicked me under the table. “

Any suggustions at what Jason is hinting at?

Durandal? Or just, in general.. A.I’s.. or?

Anyhow...

In an unrelated topic on this post, but I wanted to know if someone in the Marathon community could provide me with a nice version of the Marathon logo that is of high enough resolution, and is large enough (preferably white) that I could use to apply to a Black T-Shirt.
I really want to creat a marathon T-shirt since NOT ONCE in the history of my time on eBay (1997+) - have I seen a Marathon tee shirtup for auction. Therefore, i cant really BUY one.

Whats next i dont know.. I was looking at my eatphones yesterday, and a marathon logo would *just* fit on the back of them... (behind the head variety).

-Ernie

Wax Tadpoles Anonymous -The Comic Site of Choice-

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jason Jones Interview Tidbits + Burning QuestionsErnie 1/24/02 1:49 p.m.
     *Earphone*... not eatphones. I cant type. (NT)Ernie 1/24/02 1:52 p.m.
     Re: Jason Jones Interview Tidbits + Burning QuestiCallie21V 1/24/02 2:05 p.m.
           Re: Jason Jones Interview Tidbits + Burning QuestiDjof 1/24/02 2:15 p.m.
                 Color mistake, offer still standing.Djof 1/24/02 2:18 p.m.
           Re: Do colonyships have tshirts?•M 1/24/02 7:33 p.m.
     Re: Jason Jones Interview Tidbits + Burning QuestiMarshall 1/24/02 3:24 p.m.
     Re: Jason Jones Interview Tidbits + Burning QuestiSiliconDream =PN= 1/24/02 8:42 p.m.
           Dear God..Ernie 1/25/02 2:43 p.m.
                 Re: Dear God..Callie21V 1/25/02 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Dear God..Djof 1/26/02 4:08 a.m.
                 Re: Dear God..Djof 1/25/02 4:58 p.m.
                 Re: Dear God..Hamish Sinclair 1/26/02 12:36 p.m.
                       Re: Dear God..M-Class 1/26/02 1:03 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.