/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Is that Marathon music in Halo I hear?
Posted By: poena.dare #CP#gDate: 1/21/02 9:00 p.m.

I'm loath to post these kinds of questions because describing them is so difficult, but I'm going to give this a try...

While playing Halo on the level Truth and Reconciliation (level 3 - part 1) I noticed some background music which had an element of Marathon-ish music. But I could be wrong, on the other hand it is driving me nuts, therefore I am unburdening myself to you nice people.

This level starts with you doing some sniping while the Marines hang back. After you clear the baddies you have to turn a corner and work your way up a narrow path. As you work your way up the path, Cortana says, "Stop! Motion tracker shows movement around the next bend." So you creep up and prepare to do some more sniping. When you make your first kill some music begins playing.

After the music plays for about 1 minute 14 seconds, there is a shift to a different theme for about 15 bars (? Notes?) near the end of the music. (The music only plays once.)

Every time I hear that "different" part I get a strong sense of deja vu and something in the back of my mind whispers Marathon.

I've listened to the midi files and haven't noticed a match. So, because this is making me slightly nuts, I wonder if any other Marathon/Halo fans might listen to it and tell me whether I'm in need of some medication.

Thanks!

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Is that Marathon music in Halo I hear?poena.dare #CP#g 1/21/02 9:00 p.m.
     Re: Is that Marathon music in Halo I hear?archon 1/22/02 12:03 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.