/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Boohoo
Posted By: Vid BoiDate: 1/21/02 11:29 a.m.

Since most of you all are Mac users (I assume that since this the Marathon pfhorum, and only M2 was released pfhor the PC) I thought I'd ask you for help.

I've already asked for help on all appropriate usenet groups, but nobody could help me. It's this game. A long time ago, when I was 7 (hehe) that is in 1992, my famiy owned a Mac plus. We had a really cool game. You played a little black men's-room-icon-like guy who walked around inside a labyrinth, to find an Ankh. It was all from bird's view, and I remember that you could trigger doors and walls to open somehow... The guy was called Ego, the game had some sort of programming-ability (it may have been made with Hypercard) so you could change it and see the source code. I'm actually pretty sure it was made with Hypercard.

There were also some sort of strange octopus-like monsters, that you could shoot at if you found a gun.

I have been looking for this game since 1992, and now I'm all frustrated because I just found an old usenet post describing it, and that guy doesn't know the name of it either!

Will I ever find it?!

Since us Marathon fans obviously have some strange ability to store endless amounts of useless information in our minds (I bet a free Aspirin 3 registration anyone who reads this can name 77 facts from Marathon that they have never had a use for whatsoever) so maybe someone remembers this game?

Thanks.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

BoohooVid Boi 1/21/02 11:29 a.m.
     Re: BoohooDjof 1/21/02 1:21 p.m.
           Re: BoohooTru7h 1/21/02 3:19 p.m.
                 Re: BoohooDjof 1/21/02 3:59 p.m.
     Re: BoohooXtra 1/21/02 2:29 p.m.
     Re: BoohooD-M.A. 1/21/02 9:00 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.