/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Jjaro ARE organic, at least partially
Posted By: DoctordudeDate: 5/25/01 6:25 p.m.

In Response To: Jjaro ARE organic, at least partially (Soapstone)

: I was using a different name back then, and was terribly bitter, but my
: argument still holds water (link provided at bottom). I am still deeply
: disturbed by how people readily accept this flimsy theory without a second
: thought.

I just went back and read your theory. I must have missed it the first time. It is a strong theory. However, I still disagree. First of all, yes, Durandal has no specific reason to deceive you about the Jjaro, but he has lied to you in the past about information that he has no good reason to(ie. time passed between M1 & M2.) Also, you say that Durandal would not use the word race to describe AIs because of the word's definition, but Durandal is an AI. Don't you think that he considers himself and other AIs just as alive as any other life form and deserve the same respect and such. Because he is an AI, he would probably refer to a race of AIs in the same way he would refer to any race. As for the farcast pattern, I agree, there is not enough evidence to support any agrument about it's nature, so it cannot be used in either argument. Despite your strong and well thought out argument, I still beleive they are AIs. However, I do beleive that they probably evolved from an organic species before becoming AIs (ie. first organic, than cybernetic, than discarding their organics for complete mechanics, than simply existing as data.) There is no specific evidence for this, I just think it makes sense. Thoughts?

Dr.D

PS-because of my evolution theory, by AI I mean just digital life form, not artificial
PPS-Why did you change your name? I thought Boots of Stumbling(cursed) was clever.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jjaro might be organicSmeeisqualityfootrot 5/24/01 2:06 p.m.
     Re: Jjaro might be organicSome guy 5/24/01 5:09 p.m.
           Re: Jjaro might be organicSmeeisqualityfootrot 5/24/01 8:49 p.m.
                 Jjaro ARE organic, at least partiallySoapstone 5/25/01 4:34 p.m.
                       Re: Jjaro ARE organic, at least partiallyDoctordude 5/25/01 6:25 p.m.
                             "Your boots are cursed!" NOOOooo…Soapstone 5/26/01 11:34 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.