/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

BIG Theory
Posted By: ZudoDate: 12/6/01 9:42 a.m.

I posted this down the list a little as an add-endum to the volunteers post, but this is a biggie : I'd like to chew this one out on its own...

It is clear that Yrro is at the very least a member of the jjaro race. Here's something to argue about following the death of Volunteers -- was Yrro actually the ENTIRE Jjaro race?

I don't mean that the jjaro were one physical entity. Remember we learn of Yrro in M2 through S'pht generated terminals (on or near The Hard Stuff Rules I believe) and that the Spht share at least one form of collective consciousness. That consciousness is split into Clans, and again into a similar structure to individuals. Recall 'You destroy me, but free the unit-whole' being recorded (what would appear) specifically for the marine to read in M2 (I forget which map) and 'seven of mine' in Infinity : I'm recalling these quotes from memory, I'm sure of their authenticity, just not their specific origin ^_^

...This would imply that S'pht interpretation of individuality is distinct to our own, and manifests itself on many different levels. It is a very small and relatively safe step, therefore, to interpret 'Yrro' as 'jjaro' -- the phonetic similarity has been noted in the past.

Time, now, for the easily debatable BIG THEORY : that the Jjaro caused, somehow, the death of a sister race, or witnessed it in the battle with the Wr'kncacnter (aside: perhaps the jjaro invoke the Wr'kncacnter through technology, and playing about with pocket universes ^_^), and did not *ascend*, but rather *fled* in despair.

: (the Jjaro seem to rely too much on manipulation, and on
: allowing someone else to do things they seem unable to; the Marine is
: perfectly capable of executing his plans himself).

Perhaps the jjaro are wracked, still, by despair, following the death of their sister race(?).

I realise that this is hypothesis upon hypothesis, and I fully hope that someone attempts to challenge it, however... The jjaro perhaps made the Wr'kncacnter exist in this universe and therefore know exactly how to remove them (as in PiD) but would a) have to recreate a gravity well as described by Durandal to make it back through, and b) would prefer not to accidentally destroy big important stuff again ^_^

Ideas/criticisms/input, anyone? I'd really like to start chewing this one up ^_^

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

BIG TheoryZudo 12/6/01 9:42 a.m.
     Re: BIG TheorySteve Levinson 12/6/01 10:07 a.m.
           Re: BIG Theoryzudo 12/6/01 2:24 p.m.
                 Good idea, butarchon 12/6/01 2:45 p.m.
                       Re: Good idea, butShnu 12/6/01 7:09 p.m.
                             Oh yeah, whoops 8^P *NM*archon 12/6/01 9:10 p.m.
                             Re: Good idea, butzudo 12/7/01 11:02 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.