/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Oh, listen to my tale of woe - and help me
Posted By: Jed ReinertDate: 11/20/01 12:18 p.m.

This is a long one, so bear with me....

Like most of us, I first bought and played the Marathons when they were released in '94-'96. The Mac I had then is long gone, and for a couple of years I've been Macless. Two months ago, I bought a new Mac, and dug out all my old software, mainly with the hope of Marathoning. Somewhere in my multiple moves since '96, everything was lost. So I tracked down a copy of the Mac Action Sack and loaded up M1. When I finished the game, I loaded up M2, then Minf.

Here's where the woe starts.

On Rise Robot Rise, I got to the end terminal before I had finished wandering around the level. So, I hit Esc to "back out" of the terminal (as I've done many, many times in all three Marathons), and the game quit. Turns out that Esc is the quit key, not command-Q. I tried every key on the keyboard, and can't find any way to "back out" of a terminal on Minf. In the control preferences list, the quit key is listed as Esc, but it's locked in and you can't change it.

For the hell of it, I dug through my old stuff again, and found that I do still have the manual for Minf, though the CD is long gone. In the manual, command-Q is listed as the quit key. Which, possibly, would free up Esc to "back out" of terminals.

Here are my questions:

1) When did Bungie change this, and why?
2) Is there any way around it? Any way to get out of a terminal in Minf?

Thanks, all.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Oh, listen to my tale of woe - and help meJed Reinert 11/20/01 12:18 p.m.
     Oops. Sorry.Jed Reinert 11/20/01 12:22 p.m.
           Re: Oops. Sorry.namu 11/20/01 12:48 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.