/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Anyone out there played Star Control 3?
Posted By: Some guyDate: 11/17/01 8:18 p.m.

Or any of the games, they have some very marathon like plotlines and such (I'm not sure whic came first, but I think it was star control)
THe Precursors were Star Controls Jarro, a supposedly exctinct race that left behind artifacts of great power.(But why?)

It also has a version of the Pfhor, the Ur-Quan. These insectoid guys were extrememly powerful and inteligent(their war-like nature lessend it though). However, they became enslaved by the Gedhi, monkey guys who could control minds. They knocked out several races while under mind control, including the Taalo, the only race they ever truly liked. The Gedhi even split the race in two, the black Ur-Quan were fighters, and the green were the scientists (the origional brown Ur-Quan are now exctinct) Eventually, they broke free, crushed the Gedhi, and de-evolved them into helper monkies. The Ur-Quan vowed never to be enslaved again, but thay had differing ideas about how to accomplish this. The black Ur-Quan Kohr-Arh wanted to exterminate all other sentient life. The green Ur-Quan Kezr-Rah wanted to remove the possibility of another race every threatening it. SO they split, The Black going in one direction of thespiral of the (galaxy, universe, I forget) and the Green the other. The Black commited total genocide against any race they encountered. The Green agy any race they met two options: Join them as a Battle Thrall, or have their planet placed under the impenetrable Slave Sheild. Theres a lot more but I can tell you don't lile the Ur-Quan as much as me so If your not yet bored..

The Eternal Ones. The W'rkrncacnter. The eternal ones would come every(insert realy realy long time here) and devour all sentient life in the known universe. Only three races have survived these attacks. The Arilou because they hid like the pansies they are( I hate em). The Orz because they hid also( These guys make good story page fodder, if you've played you know what I mean) And the Precursors. Unlike the Arilou and Orz, who could hide outside the universe(somehow). The Precursors hada brilliant plan, they'd just de-evolve the entire race to just below sentience and let evolution bring them back up after the eternal ones were gone.

One final bit, the Eternal Ones had a true name that was expresed in a equation that included everything about them. To a race such as the Daktaklakpak, who were robots, every races true name was expressed in an equation. This made the True Name of The Eternal Ones very important to them. However, the true name was either so complex or so perfect that it drove whatever read it stark raving mad. The Daks either didnt know this or didnt care. One of the most memorable moments (and quotes) in the game was when a Dak read the True Name and, just before self-destructing, screamed this:

"NOW I SEE!!! Now....I.......KNOW!!!!!!

(works a lot better with the sound effects I assure you)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Anyone out there played Star Control 3?Some guy 11/17/01 8:18 p.m.
     Re: Anyone out there played Star Control 3?Tru7h 11/18/01 11:21 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.