/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Finding out the tru7h
Posted By: Vid BoiDate: 11/15/01 3:25 a.m.

From the story page, July 1998:

"Sometime ago it was alleged that the dimmed out net game option "Keep Away from Rob" could be implemented using ResEdit. When active a player taking the net name "Rob" received invincibility and invisibility for the duration of the game. Rob's objective was to try to make as many kills as possible. The rest of the players quite naturally had to try and stay away from him. The fact that very few people claim to have managed to get this option to work places doubt on the claims. You may know differently though.

It's not clear if the option "Pile on Greg" was ever implemented. One might guess that the game play was the opposite to "Keep Away from Rob". The player, this time called "Greg" for the duration of the game, had to stay alive for as long as possible. Over a number of games the player with the fewest deaths would win. Of course this is mere speculation.

One can see problems with both types of game play which might have been the reason for dropping them in the final release. Perhaps one day we might learn the tru7h."

Have we learned the tru7h yet? Cause we've got the Marathon source code, I mean...could it be all that hard to see it these game types are actually there? And if not, why don't we implement them!? I would if I only was that good at programming..

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Finding out the tru7hVid Boi 11/15/01 3:25 a.m.
     Re: Finding out the tru7hM-Class 11/15/01 1:07 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.