/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Different degrees of Rampancy?
Posted By: JoyeuseDate: 5/20/01 7:10 p.m.

In Response To: Different degrees of Rampancy? (Twizzler)

I always sort of assumed that AI's were (of course) constructed and programmed differently, because each is designed for specific tasks, and therefore AI's also have moderate degrees of individuality.

For this reason, I kind of assumed that each AI would respond differently to Rampancy, kind of like how different people respond differently to being subjected to certain conditions. If there were a plane crash, for example, some people might become leaders of the group, others would maybe panic and become mildly insane.

I assumed the same with AI's, that the way they were programmed eventually determined how Rampancy would affect them. Durandal got through Rampancy stably, while Tycho kind of tweaked out.

Each was also subjected to different conditions while they were growing Rampant, from what I remember. Durnadal was gallivanting (sp?) around the galaxy in a Pfhor scoutship with a S'pht crew working for him; Tycho was on the Pfhor homeworld working for a race of slavers who were making clone upon clone of him.

Of course, this is all my interpretation, and I may well have gotten some key facts wrong. It's been awhile. :P

-Joyeuse

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Different degrees of Rampancy?Twizzler 5/20/01 11:40 a.m.
     Re: Different degrees of Rampancy?Mark Levin 5/20/01 12:24 p.m.
     Re: Different degrees of Rampancy?Vegman7 5/20/01 2:13 p.m.
     Re: Different degrees of Rampancy?Joyeuse 5/20/01 7:10 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.