/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Why crystals on PiD Shatter
Posted By: REBDate: 10/30/01 5:32 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Was that a Jjarro? (Arsonperbuilding)

: The Jjaro in PID are the same as in Marathon series. I am unaware of who
: built the pyramid, but i presume it was built to keep the
: Wrkanter(spelling is wrong)/demon imprisoned.

: As for the oozes and crystals, why not just good evolution and, umm, special
: magic crystals.

From the Pathways Intro (non-revelant parts are snipped):

Sixty-four million years ago, a large extra-terrestrial object struck the Earth in what would later be called the Yucatan Peninsula, in southeastern Mexico. [...]

The object itself was buried thousands of feet below ground, its nearly two kilometer length remarkably intact. It remained there, motionless, for thousands of years before it finally began to stir— and to dream. [...]

As it began to dream, it wrought unintentional changes in its environment. Locked deep beneath the Earth, strange and unbelievable things faded in and out of reality. Vast caverns and landscapes bubbled to life within the rock, populated by horrible manifestations of the dead god’s dream.

Only during the last few centuries has the god begun to effect changes on the surface of the Earth. Grotesque creatures have been sighted deep in the trackless forest of the Yucatan, and strange rumors of an ancient pyramid— which is neither Aztec nor Mayan— in the same area have been circulating in the archaeological community since the early 1930’s.

My interpretation is that the pyramid is a manifestation of the god's dream, along with the creatures within (oozes too). Things like crystals and the alien pipes could be part of these manifestations: if they're energy-based, maybe they could maintain themselves even after the god is stunned by the nuclear device and it stops dreaming for a while. This could explain why crystals shatter after all their energy is drained.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Was that a Jjarro?Still Thinking 10/29/01 4:15 p.m.
     Re: Was that a Jjarro?Arsonperbuilding 10/29/01 5:44 p.m.
           Why crystals on PiD ShatterREB 10/30/01 5:32 p.m.
     Re: Was that a Jjarro?archon 10/29/01 9:19 p.m.
           I think my main point was lostStill Thinking 10/30/01 4:27 p.m.
                 Re: I think my main point was lostInverted Sock Puppet 10/30/01 7:43 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.