/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon symbol and real estate.
Posted By: DispatcherDate: 10/15/01 11:44 a.m.

"Location, location and location" is a simplistic reference to the percieved (potential) value of real estate. What has this to do with the Marathon symbol? Read on ('scuse my grammar).

By now most here have seen screenshots of both the Pillar of Autumn and the "Halo: The Fall of Reach" book cover (or at least the Halo game box art). Everyone knows that the Marathon symbol is found on each image. The point of this post is to draw attention to the LOCATION of the symbol within the Halo logo (background) on the book cover and box art.

Perhaps this has been discussed; if so I missed it. Yet the symbol is found at the very center of the artwork. Thus one might infer that the Marathon legacy is central to Halo (either as a Bungie creation or as a story element [or both]).

It also occurs to me that the central features of the games' environments are represented in the logo field. It has been mentioned that the Marathon symbol represents a "world within a world". The Halo logo letter "O" can be thought to represent the idea of an open environment where the "world" is the inner surface of the Ring. This might explain the break in the Ring and the presence of the round element inside the "O".

Then again, the broken "O" might represent the idea that the Ring's purpose has not been brought to "completion", suggesting the role that the player must assume to succeed in the game.

Dispatcher

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon symbol and real estate.Dispatcher 10/15/01 11:44 a.m.
     Re: Marathon symbol and real estate.Hippieman [B.Org] 10/15/01 10:21 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.