/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Another MIDA coup?
Posted By: Thoth WannabeDate: 5/17/01 2:59 p.m.

I have a rather speculative theory as to Strauss's and MIDA's plans for the Marathon. Bear with me: First, remember that terminal that said that MIDA never tried to take over the Marathon even though they probably could have done it? What if they were planning to take over a colony instead, namely Tau Ceti. The plan would be simple: sneak arms onto the marathon, which they did. Infilitrate it with ten cyborgs and place a high ranking official in charge of an unstable AI. So far so good. They let the Marathon set up Tau Ceti and then they would set their plan in motion. Durandal would mysteriously become rampant and cause a panic and Strauss would convince some head of security guy that putting a state of martial law would be needed to control the Marathon's inhabitants. Ten high ranking security officers (including the player) would give orders to the rest of the security team. The colonists would never suspect any type of military coup and would follow directions. Now, if one mjolnir cyborg can do the things it did then imagine what nine others could do. Perhaps destroy a rampant AI and become heros of the colony. Obcourse, there would be some civilian casualties, especially those high ranking ranking officials that don't seem to care much for Mars and its inhabitants. They would be replaced with MIDA officials and the New World every Martian has dreamed of will come true. Never again would MIDA have to live under the long shadow of the UESC, or UESG, or is it UEG?

Whew, long eh? I know theres probably a lot of holes and there are probably some things I left out, and also there are some blatant consiracy theories that came more from my mind rather then hard facts, but this is a theory that I truly believe. Please tell me what you think.

::Looks in fear as other Marathoners charge their fusion pistols and aim at Thoth's theory yelling "Okay lets rip it Up!"::

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Another MIDA coup?Thoth Wannabe 5/17/01 2:59 p.m.
     Re: Another MIDA coup?Mark Levin 5/17/01 7:08 p.m.
           Re: Another MIDA coup?nooker 5/17/01 9:32 p.m.
                 Re: Another MIDA coup?Grasshopper 5/18/01 8:06 a.m.
                       Re: Another MIDA coup?Thoth Wannabe 5/18/01 10:39 a.m.
                             Re: Another MIDA coup?Grasshopper 5/18/01 11:34 a.m.
                             Re: Another MIDA coup?Yossarian 5/18/01 2:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Another MIDA coup?Doctordude 5/18/01 3:46 p.m.
                                         Re: Another MIDA coup?Thoth Wannabe 5/19/01 9:59 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.