/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

kinda off-topic but interesting nonetheless
Posted By: Jonathan BahamonDate: 9/26/01 5:18 a.m.

this is kinda off-topic, i know, but i found it very interesting, as it opened up a whole new world of investigation for me.

one of my father's patients (he's a neurologist) told him to do this. He told my father to go into Microsoft Word and type in exactly as follows:

Q 33 NY

(put spaces between the q and 33 and ny. Capitalize all the letters). then increase the type size to 72. then highlight the text and change the font type to Wingdings (NOT Webdings).

Eerie, isn't it?

My father's patient said that "Q 33" was the flight number of one of the planes that crashed into the WTC two weeks ago. "NY" was the point of destination, obviously. Can anyone confirm these numbers? While interesting, it would be even more so if someone could verify it. This kind of screwing around with a word processor could be useful in investigating Marathon related stuff. I myself haven't taken it up, but perhaps someone might. This is just like that goddamned rune puzzle on bungie.org's front page a few months back. I hated that thing with a passion because I couldn't make any goddamned sense out of it. I felt that I could hear Doug Zartman's maniacal laugh echoing in the background of my mind while I tried to wrestle with that greased pig of a riddle. Sigh.

^_^

Vale, amici,

Jonathan Bahamon

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

kinda off-topic but interesting nonethelessJonathan Bahamon 9/26/01 5:18 a.m.
     Re: kinda off-topic but interesting nonethelessUriel 9/26/01 7:16 a.m.
           Re: kinda off-topic but interesting nonethelessJohannes Gunnar 9/26/01 8:06 a.m.
                 Re: kinda off-topic but interesting nonethelessrpb3000 9/26/01 10:10 a.m.
     Re: kinda off-topic but interesting nonethelessSoapstone 9/26/01 10:00 a.m.
           Re: kinda off-topic but interesting nonethelessJonathan Bahamon 9/26/01 11:12 a.m.
     Re: kinda off-topic but interesting nonethelessMartin Antell 9/26/01 11:07 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.