/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Conflicting Time Lines
Posted By: Alfred MordeirDate: 9/25/01 8:18 a.m.

I know there is a lot of discusion about how the histories of Both Marathon and Halo don't fit perfectly, dispite how much we want them to. That doesn't necisarily mean that they cancel each other out. Now if we there is an obvious diference in the two worlds. Halo takes place Chronologicly before marathon, yet mankind is farther along on the whole colonization of the galaxy buisiness. And yet, Marathon has a few more gadgets such as teleporters, and fusion weapons. But, If we take a step back and look at this from a Developer's perspective it looks a little bit more obvious. On the matter of chronology, we have to take into account that ideas of the future change over time. Correct me if i'm wrong (I'm Not a star trek fan) but wasn't Star Trek suppose to take place in 1999. It was 1999 2 years ago, I don't remember any clashes with the cling-ons. But never the less they're putting out a PREQUAL to the show, which, as I understand, would take place in THE PAST. What I'm getting at, is as we aproach the future it becomes more clear what will and will not be possible. As for matters such as teleporters, it's obvious that it was a lot easier for the developer's of Marathon to have them, instead of you takeing a shuttle or something everywhere. Now with better technologe, it looks a lot better to have drop ships ferrying you from place to place. So, any way, what I'me trying to say, is that IF marathon is to be tied into Halo, there will probably be a lot of alterations to marathon's Universe to get it to fit in with Halo.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Conflicting Time LinesAlfred Mordeir 9/25/01 8:18 a.m.
     Star Trek took place in the 23rd Century *NM*Still Thinking 9/25/01 11:51 a.m.
           Re: Star Trek took place in the 23rd CenturyAlfred Mordeir 9/25/01 12:14 p.m.
                 Re: Star Trek took place in the 23rd Century[Tycho?] 9/25/01 1:44 p.m.
                 Re: Star Trek took place in the 23rd CenturyClaude Errera 9/25/01 3:01 p.m.
                       Re: Star Trek took place in the 23rd CenturyDispatcher 9/25/01 9:12 p.m.
                             Re: Star Trek took place in the 23rd Century{mAc}Dark_Eagle 9/26/01 12:33 a.m.
                             Re: Star Trek took place in the 23rd CenturyClaude Errera 9/26/01 7:24 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.