/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Durandal the Sword
Posted By: RahmeveDate: 9/24/01 3:19 p.m.

I have been reading up on durandal2 in the Facts and puzzling things about...
section of the story page. I noticed that Durandal was a sword and therefore a tool. It was reasoned by someone that he was being controlled by the Jjaro. However, I see it that he is a metaphorical magic sword. Maybe one with a mind of it's own, but needs someone to wield it to actually do the deed that Durandal wants to be done. Like how Durandal tells you do destroy this or that, and you do it being pulled by Durandal to the spot to destroy.

Another thing is Durandal has always been wielded by a hero, and maybe with the message in that states

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.
I am hero.

It could mean that you are the hero reincarnated that is to wield Durandal once again. Or that you are the hero of the hour with a name that Durandal doesn't care to much about, and you are the one that Durandal needs to be wielded by.

If my memory holds I think Durandal put his brains in you and the humans. This Terminal message could just be residual thoughts of Durandal about who you are. Saying that you are the same breed of man that will wield Durandal and do his bidding.

Just a thought.
-Rah

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Durandal the SwordRahmeve 9/24/01 3:19 p.m.
     Re: Durandal the SwordTynskel 9/24/01 5:08 p.m.
           oops forgot to mention:Rahmeve 9/24/01 5:52 p.m.
     Re: Durandal the SwordAlfred Mordeir 9/25/01 8:02 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.