/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

A proposal for you all....
Posted By: GrasshopperDate: 5/16/01 4:41 p.m.

I've an idea -- I'm new to the online Marathon community, so please forgive me if this has already been brought up before.

I was thinking that it would be fun and informative for a bunch of us to go through all three Marathons scenarios, solo of course, completing roughly a level a day, and reporting and discussing our progress here, level by level. Like many of us, I've completed each Marathon scenario 3-5 times, and there hasn't been a single instance where I haven't learned something new, either about a level, about the story, about the Marine's identity, etc.

This could be the opportunity for some of us who haven't to discover secret rooms (we could have pre-level prep posts), share tricks, methodologies, and, most importantly, discuss Marathon's story as it unveils itself before us, once again.

I propose we start, for obvious reasons, on July 25.

It would probably be a good idea to come up with a good name for this event, but I can't think of one at the moment.

Thoughts?

-gh

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A proposal for you all....Grasshopper 5/16/01 4:41 p.m.
     Re: A proposal for you all....Jonah 5/16/01 5:19 p.m.
           Re: A proposal for you all....Locucious 5/16/01 5:41 p.m.
                 Re: A proposal for you all....Grasshopper 5/16/01 6:16 p.m.
     Re: A proposal for you all....Locucious 5/16/01 5:40 p.m.
     Re: A proposal for you all....Siva 5/17/01 7:19 a.m.
           Re: A proposal for you all....[Tycho?] 5/17/01 12:55 p.m.
                 What do we call it?Grasshopper 5/17/01 3:02 p.m.
                       Re: Erm... "Eat the path?"Locucious 5/17/01 5:19 p.m.
                             Re: Erm... "Eat the path?"Grasshopper 5/17/01 7:07 p.m.
                                   Re: Erm... "Eat the path?"[Tycho?] 5/18/01 1:44 p.m.
                                         Re: Erm... "Eat the path?"Locucious 5/19/01 6:16 a.m.
                                               ACME --Grasshopper 5/19/01 7:59 a.m.
                                                     Re: ACME --[Tycho?] 5/19/01 10:47 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.