/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Perhaps, in a way...
Posted By: Interactuve CivilianDate: 5/16/01 6:35 a.m.

In Response To: Jjaro and the marine (Invertebrate)

In a way, you could be right. I think it is pretty much accepted that the marine is a dead human re-animated into a battleroid using Jjaro technology (of course, there is always the possiblity that the marine was an experiment and actually melded with the technology while still alive...no eveidence for that claim though ;) ).

Digression: which actually brings up a few questions: was the marine the only battleroid built w/ Jjaro technology? or is there at least 1 more (halo)? Or were all battleroids made w/ Jjaro technology? If so, where did it all come from? Or, perhaps there was an elite class of battlroids, the mjolnir class, that were the only ones made with Jjaro tech.

Anyway, back to the original point. Of the little we know about the Jjaro, we know that they were highly technological and very advanced technologically, at least to the point of using technology to give sentience to non-sentient beings, and perhaps to they point where they might as well be considered Gods (they were very Godlike in the way the S'pht perceived them). This brings up the question of how much of that technology was incorporated into themselves. At their society's fullest maturity, were they a race of cyborgs built from their own technology? And what of the biological component? Was that bound to a single species, or was it the technology involved that really makes them the Jjaro?

I think you can see where I am going with this. If the above is true, then the marine may very well be considered a Jjaro.

Just some random speculation. Cheers.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jjaro and the marineInvertebrate 5/15/01 11:06 p.m.
     Re: Jjaro and the marineEUPFHORIC BOB -> Andre Kopp 5/16/01 5:05 a.m.
     Perhaps, in a way...Interactuve Civilian 5/16/01 6:35 a.m.
           *g* I can almost spell my own nick. ^^;; [NT]Interactive Civilian 5/16/01 8:26 a.m.
           Jjaro TechJonah 5/16/01 11:14 a.m.
                 Re: Jjaro TechHamish Sinclair 5/16/01 12:24 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.