/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Putin
Posted By: TynskelDate: 9/12/01 7:51 p.m.

Hmmm... I don't know what you guys are thinking... but I am thinking.... President Putin of Russia called Bush 3 times during the Crisis. The White House said that Bush was unavaible. Now what does that say to Putin? OMG Bush is dead.... I am in charge of the world... oh shit, we are going to get attacked soon. How could bush ignore the second world most powerful nation in the war, let alone ignore Russia. I think this is crazy. Bush was running his ass, that fucking scaredy-cat. It was Goldybush and the the Bunkers. "This bunker is too big, this bunker is too small, this one is just right!" What the hell?!?! He flew to Louisiana. I understand that. The secret service whisked him away. BUT, he was at a military base, and could have set up operations right there, and start to speak to the American People.... but no, he left for the center of the nation to hide. Clinton, Reagon, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy, Bush Sr. would have flown to Washington. I am not saying to the White House, but they would have gone to washington to make a statement to the American People. Yesterday was crazy, and everyone was running all over the place. It would have been nice to have a leader take charge. Here is an example. Our Secretary of Defense (I don't like the guy, but he is a LEADER) he was in the Pentagon when the plane hit. You know what he did? He stayed to help people. HE did NOT run. They came to get him and he refused to leave. Now, like I said, I don't like him, but he was a true leader. He stayed. I respect him. He did what leaders should do, lead. I hope later on the American Public nails Bush for his Cowardance in this situation. I am sorry to say, he is public figure, he could get attacked. It is part of the Job. But, he is our leader and he is a symbol of America's pride and strength. This was not a time to hide, to give the terrorists what they want, this was a time to show that even after this that our nation is not afraid. Okay.... that is all, my 2 cents

-Jon Buzan

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PutinTynskel 9/12/01 7:51 p.m.
     Re: PutinJohannes Gunnar 9/12/01 11:33 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.