/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Hamish, what happened to my Marathon 0.0 pfhilmz?
Posted By: Andrew NagyDate: 8/16/01 2:44 p.m.

Has anyone noticed how at the end of each game in the Marathon trilogy, the location it took place on is destroyed? In PiD, the pyramid and the caves beneath it are nuked to trap a W'rkncacnter. In M1, the Tau Ceti colony is leveled and the Marathon itself is dismantled, although we don't hear about it until the next game (except for a premature "Phhht!" in Try Again). In M2, the entire Lh'owon system is trih xeemed, which releases a W'rkncacnter. Finally, Infinity isn't over until the quantum moment before the closure of the entire universe. Do you think something similar will happen in Halo?

Also, someone ought to re-anal-ize the parallels between the last three levels of M1 and M2, armed with the new information from arrival.bungie.org.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Hamish, what happened to my Marathon 0.0 pfhilmz?Andrew Nagy 8/16/01 2:44 p.m.
     I'll look at your 0.0 pfhilmz this weekend! *NM*Hamish Sinclair 8/16/01 10:31 p.m.
           *NM* from Hamish? That's gotta be a first! *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/17/01 1:43 p.m.
                 Thanks for posting them! *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/20/01 4:51 p.m.
     Re: Hamish, what happened to my Marathon 0.0 pfhilSpeaker-To-Animals 8/17/01 3:56 p.m.
     I was right!—minor Halo spoiler and sloppy TR0SPEKAndrew Nagy 1/14/02 9:05 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.