/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Tempus Irae Volunteers: From Now We Go On
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 12/26/03 9:39 a.m.

This level is marred by a number of technical problems. Firstly, it's so large and interconnected that it's easy to run through so many areas that the engine hits the active monster limit. Secondly, and far more dangerously, this level is prone to freezing. Despite TI2 being patched to alleviate this, it still happpened to me more than once during this run. The time when I did not freeze was when I held off entering the rocky area southwest initial room until I had cleared out much of the rest of the level (just poking in enough to grab the fusion pistol), but be sure to go back and save as often as you can.

Aside from that, the level is good if not spectacular. It's huge and very interconnected, resulting in some confusion over where to go next. There are a number of teleporters, rare in TI and unheard of in an Earth level. There are quite a few Juggernauts; I killed 4 while exploring and I'm sure that wasn't all of them (they also use a gray color scheme that may have been added by Nardo, I'm not sure if it's present in the original Shapes), but it's not all that difficult, probably because I didn't try to clear the Pool of Death. The spoiler guide claims there are multiple paths through the level, but the paths aren't really distinct and one usually ends up visiting most of the level anyway. Although I did beat the level without having to defeat the Pool of Death like the spoiler guide seems to say is required- when I entered the darkened side hallway, I encountered no obstacles on the way to the exit teleporter.

The terminals on this map are interesting in that none of them are really related to each other. The first is Leonardo's conversation with S'bhuth on art and sacrifice. The second is a bizarre police report on the discovery of an assimilated civilian in New York City in 2004 (can't wait :P ). The third is a direct message from S'bhuth regarding future plans.

345 West 21st street is in downtown Manhattan (there is a 21st st. in Brooklyn, but it doesn't seem to have a building 345 on it). I don't remember exactly what's there, but I'll try to look next time I'm in the area :P

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tempus Irae Volunteers: From Now We Go OnMark Levin 12/26/03 9:39 a.m.
     Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: From Now We Go OnSteve Levinson 12/26/03 6:57 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.