/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Ahh, The Power Of Marathon
Posted By: NeoptolemusDate: 12/19/03 4:03 p.m.

I don't know why I felt like posting this. I just did.

Marathon is excellent. Though old, it is amazing, and I still find it the best game ever. M1 that is. I mean, think about it. A game that was made in what, 1994 or 1995, and totally surpasses games like Deus Ex and Unreal Tournament games in my opinion. There can be games that aren't as good. There can be games that are just as good. But you just can't beat Marathon. The plot. The challenge. The adrenaline and action. The suspense. The horror. The addiction. The music. The adventure. Everything, almost every feature about Marathon is a good one. Many people can say that it is just a simple shooter game, and that gameplay is nothing compared to the new games like UT. I disagree. I think that with all of the features, it is more than just that, and is totally more for me than new games today even. From the time you hear that good old marathon sound that i like with the message "somewhere in the heavens... they are waiting." to the end of the game, I found it to be an excellent game from the day I knew it. When I first got Marathon, I had wondered if it would be just like crap like DOOM or Quake or Duke Nukem or SOMETHING, just a boring game where you go around a map collecting stuff, killing things and escaping the level before moving on to the next one until you beat the game. I was wrong.

In a way, although this may sound incredibly bogus, Marathon will linger in my mind for at least the majority of my life. To me, Marathon is kind of like an excellent movie or book.

Just my reflection upon it. I still play Marathon, mind you, and I don't think that ANY game out there will beat Marathon, even if it has the best graphics!

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Ahh, The Power Of MarathonNeoptolemus 12/19/03 4:03 p.m.
     Re: Don't Ya Hate It When This Happens?ukimalefu 12/19/03 5:03 p.m.
           Re: Don't Ya Hate It When This Happens?elliott 12/19/03 8:20 p.m.
           Re: Don't Ya Hate It When This Happens?the Battle Cat 12/20/03 6:53 a.m.
     Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonMista_B 12/19/03 6:21 p.m.
           Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonCute Fella 12/19/03 8:47 p.m.
                 Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonMista_B 12/19/03 8:58 p.m.
     Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonJohannes Gunnar 12/20/03 2:52 a.m.
     Re: Ahh, The Power Of Marathonthe Battle Cat 12/20/03 7:08 a.m.
     Re: Ahh, The Power Of Marathondeathmonger 12/20/03 8:24 a.m.
     Welcome to MA, Marathoners Anonymous *NM*thermoplyae 12/20/03 1:56 p.m.
     Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonTych-Psych 12/20/03 6:21 p.m.
           Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonNeoptolemus 12/20/03 6:50 p.m.
                 Re: Ahh, The Power Of Marathonthe Battle Cat 12/21/03 7:36 a.m.
                       Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonNeoptolemus 12/21/03 7:46 a.m.
                             Re: Ahh, The Power Of Marathonthe Battle Cat 12/22/03 8:12 a.m.
                                   Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonNeoptolemus 12/22/03 1:26 p.m.
                 Re: Ahh, The Power Of MarathonD-M.A. 12/22/03 12:09 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.