/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel Boy
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 12/2/03 5:52 p.m.

Where the hell is everybody :P

Unlike most of TI's secret levels, this place is quite large and has no weird gimmicks or oddness to differentiate it from the normal game levels. Thus, when I got to it on my first-ever run through TI, I had no reason to believe it was not part of the normal game progression.

The level has rather a lot of water in it, from the underground caverns to the huge outdoor pool to the "baths" in the center of the level. You have to navigate a series of doors, locks, ledges and underwater passages to get into the main complex. This is also the first level to use the nighttime landscape (IIRC), and the first level on which you have to actually fight one of the new Juggernauts. They really aren't different at all from the normal ones, they just look cooler.

There's one secret on this level I've never been able to get to: At the beginning of the open-air pool, there are 2 small balconies. One of them is accessible by stairs and contains ammo, the other contains a 3x shield canister. The trick, which I've never been able to pull off, is apparently jumping across the river, which is too wide for me to leap even with the help of weapon recoil. I didn't try a grenade hop because I couldn't see how that was supposed to work either. Any suggestions? :)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyMark Levin 12/2/03 5:52 p.m.
     Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoySteve Levinson 12/2/03 7:38 p.m.
           Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel Boyukimalefu 12/2/03 9:04 p.m.
                 Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyMark Levin 12/2/03 9:18 p.m.
                       Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyMartin 12/3/03 12:57 a.m.
                             Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoySteve Levinson 12/3/03 4:45 a.m.
           Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyGholsbane 12/3/03 11:17 a.m.
           Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyGholsbane 12/3/03 1:00 p.m.
     Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyDr. John Sumner 12/3/03 3:31 a.m.
           Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyDr. John Sumner 12/3/03 4:45 a.m.
                 Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoySteve Levinson 12/3/03 4:54 a.m.
                       Re: Tempus Irae Volunteers: Towel BoyMark Levin 12/3/03 5:38 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.