/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Pfhor, BOBs, and pattern buffers
Posted By: the Battle CatDate: 11/28/03 6:49 a.m.

This was posted in the Fileball forum. I don't think it will get much discussion there, and it is an interesting topic that I want the learned folks here to weigh in on.

> Hey, i cant remember anywhere saying that pfhor can't use patern
> bufers... this may be explained in thegames sumwhere,but i cant
> remember ever seeing it, so why cant the pfhor use them? and if they
> can why disdn't they?
> as i said it was probably explained so if it's a dumb question then
> don't reply

I don't recall this ever being explained... other than they are sprites and you are a human sitting in front of your computer playing a game. If one wanted to create a reason they didn't use pattern buffers then I guess you would have to fall back on their game-established severely hierarchical social order. Most likely access to the Pfhor pattern buffers was forbidden to lower ranking individuals, the ones that were thrown against you in combat. Perhaps the S'pht disabled them for use by the Pfhor as one of the few things they could do at the time to rebel. The humans on the other hand would have no such social structuring, or at least not as intense, so I don't know why BOBs couldn't use them other than possibly they were only for Mjolnir Mark IV cyborgs. This is all conjecture. I'd be happy to hear what others come up with, why do you think they didn't use the save terms?

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfhor, BOBs, and pattern buffersthe Battle Cat 11/28/03 6:49 a.m.
     Re: Pfhor, BOBs, and pattern buffersJohannes Gunnar 11/28/03 10:20 a.m.
           Re: Pfhor, BOBs, and pattern buffersTych-Psych 11/28/03 12:57 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhor, BOBs, and pattern buffersdeathmonger 11/28/03 3:21 p.m.
           Re: Pfhor, BOBs, and pattern buffersSteve Levinson 11/28/03 2:22 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhor, BOBs, and pattern bufferselliott 11/28/03 9:40 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.