/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Scarab of Ra?
Posted By: samkc1Date: 10/17/03 7:33 p.m.

I don't know if you’ve heard of it, but Scarab of Ra is an old black and white mac game (1989, or something...) I used to play, the reason I'm posting this is because PID has always reminded me of it. I just thought some might be interested.

Taken from semicolon.com :

"Features

* Save Games - Games can last a while. Save long games to finish them later.

* Point of View Graphics - Get the explorer's-eye-view of the interior of the Great Pyramid!

* Every Game Is Different - This game isn't over after you've won the first time. There's a different game every time you play.

* On-Line Help - Scarab of RA has an extensive on-line manual, built right into the program. You don't have to learn much to get started, but when you want more info, it's at your fingertips.
* Automatic Mapping - Mapping's important. Move carefully through the pyramid, and your map will be drawn for you automatically as we explore.

Scenario

A freak sandstorm in Egypt has uncovered the top of the Great Pyramid of RA the Sun-God. Already dozens of explorers, singly and in teams, have entered the pyramid through the door at the very top. None have ever returned. You, a lowly undergraduate student in Archaeology, have decided to enter the pyramid on your own and learn its secrets, and (if you can) survive to tell the outside world of its wonders.

In the dark of night, you have crept out of camp and into the Great Pyramid. You have stolen a little food, a lantern, and some oil for it, but that's all the equipment you were able to take on short notice. However, you expect to find abandoned food and equipment left behind in the pyramid by the other, earlier expeditions. (The ones that didn't make it out -- remember?)

You'll find that the pyramid is divided into floors or levels, and each level is a maze whose exit leads to the entrance of the next level down. The exit doors are locked, so before you can leave a level, you must find the key for its exit. You'll also find other things as you explore: the lost and abandoned detritus of earlier explorers, piles of gold left by ancient RA worshipers, dangerous animals, hidden traps. You must use your ingenuity and the tools you find to avoid the worst of the hazards."

-samk

P.S.
I checked to see if this has been posted before or was on the PID page but didnt find anything, sorry if I missed it.

more info here

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Scarab of Ra?samkc1 10/17/03 7:33 p.m.
     Re: Scarab of Ra?Speaker-To-Animals 10/17/03 8:47 p.m.
     Re: Scarab of Ra?Tasnu Arakun 10/18/03 1:24 a.m.
           Re: Scarab of Ra?Vaxuum BOB 10/19/03 11:10 p.m.
     Re: Scarab of Ra?Bob-B-Q 10/18/03 2:38 a.m.
           Re: Scarab of Ra?D-M.A. 10/18/03 6:17 a.m.
                 Re: Scarab of Ra?Vid Boi 10/18/03 7:11 a.m.
                       Re: Scarab of Ra?Wejam The Carter 10/18/03 11:08 p.m.
     Re: Scarab of Ra?Wejam The Carter 10/18/03 3:19 p.m.
           Re: Scarab of Ra?Speaker-To-Animals 10/18/03 3:39 p.m.
                 Re: Scarab of Ra?Bread-Sandwitch 10/19/03 1:09 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.