/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Frogblast the MCP! *IMG*
Posted By: ShishkaDate: 9/20/03 6:11 p.m.

So, if you haven't picked it up, you should take a look at TRON 2.0. It's a good mix of decent story and gorgeous graphics supporting strong gameplay.

Anyhow, I was just looking at the aesthetics of the game just a couple days ago, and how well Monolith had done the job of perserving the TRON feel while evolving the look to today's standards. Then it occured to me that often, you'll see designs that resembles Forerunner designs.

That got me on the tangent where I always wonder about studios being inspired by other studios. It took me back to all the not-to-subtle Marathon references in Escape Velocity, a game Mac users all know and cherish. I wondered to myself "how often to larger, more professional studios make references?"

Today, I decide to play some more. I'm deep inside of the inner partition of a corrupted server. THORNE, the enemy, is sending server wide messages. His insanity is clear.

Then, and I shit you not, I see this message:

My jaw is still hanging from my head. To most that'll bounce off as an obscure message. To the rest of us, Monolith just put a huge grin on our collective face.

-S

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Frogblast the MCP! *IMG*Shishka 9/20/03 6:11 p.m.
     Oh damn.Shishka 9/20/03 7:42 p.m.
           Re: Oh damn.Hamish Sinclair 9/21/03 7:43 a.m.
     Wow! *NM*Boomer 9/21/03 3:51 a.m.
     Gaping grin indeed! *NM* *NM*thermoplyae 9/21/03 7:35 a.m.
     Re: Frogblast the MCP! *IMG*Vid Boi 9/21/03 10:36 a.m.
           Re: Frogblast the MCP! *IMG*Johannes Gunnar 9/21/03 12:09 p.m.
     Posted Marathon's Story link on HBO forum...Andrew Nagy 9/22/03 4:40 a.m.
           Re: Posted Marathon's Story link on HBO forum...Scifiteki 9/22/03 10:56 p.m.
                 Re: Posted Marathon's Story link on HBO forum...Andrew Nagy 9/24/03 6:52 a.m.
                       Re: Posted Marathon's Story link on HBO forum...Djof (School) 9/25/03 5:55 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.