/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Fan Fiction: Back to Abnormality
Posted By: REBDate: 7/28/03 6:21 a.m.

(Continued from this post)

BREAKING THE BARRIER

Part Three: Back to Abnormality

by: Raśl Eduardo Bonilla

(Based on concepts by Larry and Andy Wachoski & Greg Kirkpatrick)

I was having the time of my life inside the Matrix. What a ride! Do you know what is to be involved on a deadly crash and walk away without a scratch?

Yes, I guess you know.

The tall man insisted that it was time to end the simulation and give Magik back her body, otherwise she would end up killed by an agent and the fat man would die too. I didn't liked the idea of Magik being killed, even though she wasn't real, so I sat on the old chair and prepared to go back to reality.

I know what you're wondering: did I felt like a woman while I was inside Magik's body? No, I didn't felt different. And no, my dear friend, I didn't felt homosexual. I felt just like I've always felt: being me. After all, it was just a simulation. Don't you think so?

Yes, I guess you do.

The one-eye man was desperate to proceed right away with the reinsertion, but the tall man warned me first: "Every now and then there's an error with the diagnosis of an enslaved human and his body is reported as dead and flushed from the power plant, even though that person is still alive. From that moment, the person's mind become part of the Matrix - these kind of people are know as orphans. When you answered Magik's phone call, you exited the Matrix. And because of that, your body was flushed from the power plant. It's important that you understand this, because once we sent you back to the Matrix, you'll be an orphan and the problem is that the Matrix is constantly checking itself. Once you're detected, you'll be deleted and there's nothing we can do to prevent it. Sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I'm telling you this because I'm gonna ask you something that will cost your life, but I wanted you to know first that even if you don't do this, you'll die anyway. So basically, you got nothing to lose. All you gotta do is distract the agent long enough so Magik will be able to answer the phone."

"I was planing to do it anyway."

"With all that's going on right now, I don't think the Matrix will be able to run a checkup in a while - so it may pass an entire lifetime before they find you. Then again..."

"Then again, Magik is in danger and I'm going to save her."

I closed my eyes and felt a sting in the back on my head, and that was it - I was back at geothermal station three. Everything looked exactly the same as it was before the simulation began, except for one slight detail: the agent was about to shoot Magik.

Don't ask me how I did it, but I raised the floor's metal plates by just wishing it and created a barrier between the agent and Magik. The bullet ricocheted on the plates and in several other places, but nobody got hurt.

The agent turned to see me, and even though he was wearing dark glasses, I could see how surprised he was.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" he said. "Another bug in the system."

Before he could shoot me, I raised another couple of metal plates from the floor and joined them with the first plates, encasing him on a box.

Tum! Tum! Tum!

The agent opened a hole through the plates with his fist and walked out, pointing his gun at me. Again, before he could shoot me, I extended my hand and the gun flew from the agent's hand to me. And again, the agent was surprised - but not for long.

He jumped high in the air and while he was falling right over me I could see how he raised his fist over his head, concentrating all his energy on it. While I saw this happening, I didn't do anything to avoid the punch. I just stood there looking at the ceiling, because somehow I knew the agent was going to stop falling.

So I kept waiting for this miracle that I had no way of knowing it was going to happen and the agent kept accelerating in the air - his evil grin turning his face into a mask of hate, his fist bringing death down to me.

Yet, it happened. The agent stopped falling. And only after I saw him floating above me, prisoner of an invisible chain, I realized it was me the one who make it happen.

The true miracle occurred when Magik walked to me, looking up to the agent, and smiled. In her eyes, I saw the most beautiful thing I've ever seen: hope.

The terminal produced that horrible sound that must had tortured so many souls during the XXI Century, a phone ringing.

"That's your ticked home," I told Magik.

"NOOO!!" screamed the agent, but despite all his efforts, he couldn't reach Magik.

"Thanks for everything," she said and kissed me.

You can accuse me of being an stupid old man, but when she grabbed my face with her hands and I felt her lips, I forgot about everything that made me bitter and alone, and for a moment - a brief eternity, if you excuse the romantic phrase - I felt young again.

Magik let me go abruptly and I noticed that she was becoming something else while the agent, above us, suffered the same transformation. That's how, all of the sudden, the man floating in the air went back to it's original battleroid form and the woman standing in front of me became the agent.

He took over Magik's body!

(This story will continue tomorrow)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Fan Fiction: Back to AbnormalityREB 7/28/03 6:21 a.m.
     Re: Fan Fiction: Back to Abnormalityukimalefu 7/28/03 7:55 p.m.
           Re: Fan Fiction: Back to AbnormalityREB 7/29/03 3:36 a.m.
     Back to Abnormality (Continued)REB 7/29/03 3:43 a.m.
           Back to Abnormality (The End)REB 7/30/03 5:21 a.m.
                 Re: Back to Abnormality (The End)ukimalefu 7/30/03 7:03 p.m.
                       Re: Back to Abnormality (The End)REB 7/31/03 5:59 a.m.
                             Re: Back to Abnormality (The End)ukimalefu 7/31/03 3:41 p.m.
                                   Re: Back to Abnormality (The End)ukimalefu 7/31/03 5:54 p.m.
                 Re: Back to Abnormality (The End)ukimalefu 7/31/03 5:32 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.