/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Mara - Belt Article, now with forum participation!
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/10/03 9:50 p.m.

This week I arrived home from work to find a white parcel. Surprisingly, the package
made it's way from Iceland to Canada in record time but in really, really bad shape.
Who knows, maybe "Customs" is just a euphemism for "Mailman operating a meat grinder".

Damaged outer wrappings aside, Johannes Gunnar Metal Marathon Belt + buckle arrived. Wrapped in enough tape and plastic bag to suffocate a small mammal, but it arrived.

From the outset, I wanted to take pictures of the belt. Yet, I wanted desperately to avoid subjecting the Marathon Community to repeated shots of my crotch and belt region.

Well, you're looking at the result. The strange, strange result. I have a habit of repeating words to add emphasis to specific phrases. Is it working? Is it not? Only you the reader and my grade 12 English teacher will ever know.

Cick on any of the picture for a 320x240 sized version to open. In new window of course.

Without further prattle, here is:

The many uses of Johannes Belt Buckle

A Marathon Themed substitute for Brass Knuckles!

Squeezing bookies and deadbeats losing it's charm? Spice up the threatening process with a Marathon-Themed weapon of Pain! ... Right?

A Marathon Themed Choker!

When the goth look gets stale, adding a large, reflective object to your wardrobe is a sure fire way to alienate you not just from the rest of society, but your existing Goth friends as well!

It seems I'm pushing these ideas a replacements for existing products, but really I'm just grasping for ideas. Nothing demonstrates this better than the next item ...

The Marathon Themed Lord of the Dance Headband!

What the hell was I thinking when I took this picture? I really don't know. I can whole heatedly assure you I wasn't intoxicated. Much.

Whoops! Blayne's falling! Seriously though, I'm just goofing around here.

The Belt Buckle and Belt, imprinted with the words UESC MARATHON has quickly become one of my favorite possessions. Unlike my Marathon T-shirt, I can wear the belt every day, and it's still considered ok by civilized society.

Hopefully, Johannes gets his Marathon Hoodie I traded him for in time for his Bands performance later in month. Then we can all look forward to more pictures!

Thus ends the various uses of the Marathon Belt buckle. Anyone have more uses for them? Post them here and I'll post pictures of me demonstrating. Be realistic people. You post something like "a spoon to feed Nathan Bittner with!" I'll personally hunt you down.

Have a great day!

-Ernie

(Blayne)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Mara - Belt Article, now with forum participation!Ernie 7/10/03 9:50 p.m.
     Re: Mara - Belt Article, now with forum participatJohannes Gunnar 7/11/03 4:48 a.m.
     Re: Mara - Belt Article, now with forum participatthermoplyae 7/12/03 5:59 a.m.
           Re: Mara - Belt Article, now with forum participatthermoplyae 7/15/03 7:15 a.m.
     Monday.... no hoodie... sigh.... *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/14/03 2:23 a.m.
           Hahahaha! Quebec is part of Canada!!! *NM*Boomer 7/14/03 3:10 a.m.
                 And your point is...? *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/14/03 6:45 a.m.
                       Another day has passed and still no hoodie! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/15/03 5:31 a.m.
                             ...still no hoodie! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/18/03 1:54 a.m.
     Re: Mara - Belt Article, now with forum participatBlacksmith 7/14/03 11:33 a.m.
           Re: Mara - Belt Article, now with forum participatErnie 7/15/03 7:28 p.m.
                 ...and I just C+Ped the Wrong img link Whoops *NM*Ernie 7/15/03 7:30 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.