/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Pathways into Darkness Shapes Dumper
Posted By: Loren PetrichDate: 6/15/03 11:16 p.m.

With the help of some other members of the Marathon community, I have succeeded in creating a Pathways into Darkness shapes dumper. It dumps _all_ the PID sprites and color tables.

It's called "PID Shapes Reader", and it's a Classic app, though it runs fine in OSX. You run it, it asks for the PID shapes file, and it then asks what to call the directory it creates for the sprites. These reside in subdirectories named by .256-resource number. The wall sprites are transposed in order to get their pixel-scanning correct (columns instead of rows of pixels); I was too lazy to write some code for transposing the individual pixel values. In Photoshop, you'd transpose with flip horizontal, then rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise.

Seems like I (or someone else) might have to write a PID shapes viewer...

You can find "PID Shapes Reader" and also a "PID Map Reader" in the archive below.

I have an archive of the source code, some CW8 projects, and some other stuff in the file PIDCode.sit referred to in the line

Some [code] for reading Pathways into Darkness map and savegame files.

of

http://homepage.mac.com/lpetrich/files.html

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pathways into Darkness Shapes DumperLoren Petrich 6/15/03 11:16 p.m.
     Re: Pathways into Darkness Shapes DumperSpeaker-To-Animals 6/16/03 4:47 p.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness Shapes DumperLoren Petrich 6/16/03 6:27 p.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness Shapes DumperBlacksmith 6/17/03 10:09 a.m.
                       Re: Pathways into Darkness Shapes DumperLoren Petrich 6/17/03 9:10 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.