/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Speaking of movies... (wOT)
Posted By: Vaxuum BOBDate: 6/2/03 1:46 a.m.

Indeed, I have not one but TWO (!) things to mention!!

• I added a movie section to my website. Have you seen the movies I mention there? Did you like them? What are your favorite movies? Do have a look, I'm in the middle of my exams and exhausted and fed up with just about everything. So I do this stupid stuff instead of sleeping. It doesn't help. Tell me what you think!
  • Hey! I found a possible explanation for the origin of the very much widespread forum expression: w00t. Consider the title of the current post: it reads: "Speaking of movies... (wOT)". I deliberately abused of the abbreviation OT, which stands for, naturally, as most know: Off-Topic. As to mention I was on the verge (already have, obviously, if you are reading this) of posting an off-topic post. But, I hear you ask, what's with the w? I'm coming to it. In fact, that's the point I'm building up to. You see, w00t, written, as it seems, with two 0 (nils) which most probably is just a stylization of the average writer, has its specific pronounciation, that directly leads to its original spelling, namely: "woot" (of course, you can always try to pronounce w00t "W-zero-zero-t" or maybe even "W-zero-zero-seven", which, although quite more marathonesque, would seem rather silly). Now spoken out loud, the woot sound is rather wussy. It sounds like your hairdresser speaking, provided he is not a women (i'll grant you can't easily tell the difference, ANHI(Absolutely No Harm Intended)) The theory is, in its current state, and not as how it will have to be stated (by myself) the moment you shall be reading it, since it eventually will have attained a more advanced and mature state, the following: What if a hairdresser had been wasting his time around forums years ago, desperately trying to spell correctly the abbreviation for "way off-topic", thus, introducint what may afterwards be understood as w007!. The theory, of course, applies to hairdressers having tried to say "what?".

I reckon this post might be as stupid as I ever have posted anything. Funny.

Huh? Movies??

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Speaking of movies... (wOT)Vaxuum BOB 6/2/03 1:46 a.m.
     Re: Speaking of movies... (wOT)Scifiteki 6/2/03 1:53 a.m.
           w00t ;-) *NM*Vaxuum BOB 6/2/03 2:20 a.m.
           Re: Speaking of movies... (wOT)RunnerPaul 6/2/03 3:27 a.m.
                 Eh, close enough. :D *NM*Scifiteki 6/2/03 8:51 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.