/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Lh'owon's sky
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/18/03 7:07 a.m.

I think this has been touched on before, but Lh'owon is in the galactic core, where the star density is orders of magnitude greater than in the spiral arms. Lh'owon's sky should reflect this. In the daytime, there are probably several stars or star clusters that are near enough and bright enough to be visible during the day. At night the situation could be very interesting. My first thought would be that the entire sky would be filled with stars. There would be no blackness - only bright spots amidst a milky white background. On second thought, however, the light from all those stars would probably illuminate the dust in the atmosphere to a sufficient degree that you actually wouldn't see much at all. Even at midnight, the sky would have a twilight appearance with only the brightest stars or star clusters and Lh'owon's moons being visible. Not to complain, but I think Bungie either didn't think this one through, or decided that players wouldn't get it and went for a more expected appearance.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Lh'owon's skySteve Levinson 5/18/03 7:07 a.m.
     Re: Lh'owon's skyVaxuum BOB 5/19/03 3:12 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.