/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Latin Help
Posted By: YossarianDate: 3/30/03 6:13 p.m.

Hey everyone.

I'm considering possibly getting a Marathon-themed permanent body marking within the next few months and needed help with translating three small phrases from MInf into latin to possibly put under the Thoth login pict (my personal favorite). I would like to see the following in Latin:

two forces in balance
ancient endless balance
then nothing

You will of course remember this from Terminal 2 on Aye Mak Sicur.

What I would like to see if possible: A coherent, grammatically correct translation that is true to the original meaning in the context of the terminal.

What I would not like to see: Getting laughed at (or possibly beat down) by a bunch of Latin majors at a party some night. Similarly, it would not be desirable to meet this really attractive intelligent girl who is interested in me yet can speak Latin and is ultimately scared faway from me because I have a tatto that alludes to some nihilistic fulcrum fetish that I may or may not have.

Anyways, if anyone knows where I can start to get a good translation, or if someone feels they can provide one I would be very appreciative. I would also like to hear anyone's suggestions or guesses; I thought I cam here before trying the University.

Yossarian.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Latin HelpYossarian 3/30/03 6:13 p.m.
     Re: Latin HelpBen Haire 3/30/03 8:16 p.m.
           Re: Latin Helpdarakat 3/31/03 12:25 a.m.
                 Bravo! *NM*zudo 3/31/03 5:44 a.m.
           Re: Latin HelpYossarian 3/31/03 7:36 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.