/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon:Godhead is dead
Posted By: ElliottDate: 3/23/03 9:46 p.m.

For better or worse I am posting my storyline for my giant senario that never came to light, hope you guys get some use from it. If it is moronic please say so. If you want to make it just e-mail me and I will hand over all other work on it and help in every way.

Note there are a few spelling mistakes in names like the S'pht and Durandal. I mapped out the story to about a little
less then 30 levels. Another thing I already knew how long this story was so I cut back some thing that seemed excessive, it made the story
stronger and better. Also to keep this short I left out most of the story that happens in your dreams, simply put it would make this very
repetitive. lastly the ends are shortened because i don't have the mass amounts of time to write out the complete end information. Enjoy, this
might take you a while.

Chapter 1: Nightmares
You find yourself on a sort of cat walk in space filled with Pfhor forces. The terms are reminiscent of the dream terms. One tells a story the
other is more directly relative. Also is a term in red of a failed loading of a damaged program. You awake (it was just a dream) on Durendal's
ship that he stole (R something in Latin that I can't really remember right now and am too lazy to look up). He says that he needs to get the
ship recalibrated because the S'pht say you showed highly active brain waves prior to bringing you out of stasis. He tells you that you are
headed out to USEC space station where you will receive a medal for defending the colony and you efforts in general against the Pfhor. When
Blake and his men got to earth in their stolen ship they told of your incredible deeds. When you get there the station is off line and of course
your AI friend sends you to investigate. To get inside you must venture on the docking bay cat walk. Once inside you find out about a
massive attack on the station by the Pfhor and some are still there. A ship tried to escape, so you and Durandal go after it.
You have a dream of running about a ship crash with similar terms to the first level. Following the path that the ship took you come across a
moon with a crash you are sent to investigate. This is the ship and they were trying to flee to a near by science sub station to warn them that
the war against the Pfhor has started.
A dream about a seemingly empty station with an ambushes around every corner. You come across the station and it is online. the first term
on this level is from Tycho (remember he was shot down in M2). It tells of a little surprise waiting for us. Another term close by tells of how
he bought a copy of Leela from the Nar that stole the Marathon. And that what he told Durandal he had thought was the truth (Leela was
deconstructed in front of him by the Pfhor) and turned out to be a planted memory to control him better. So far no enemies are in sight shortly
after this term the badies start coming out of the wood work. Durandal says Tycho has left us a chip to pick up hidden away in the station and
to retrieve it. There also is a term where Tycho says that he has solved the problem Durandal never could and lots more odd rambling.
Chapter 2: Frailty
a little dream of a Pfhor ship preludes waking on Tyco's ship. It seems you were traded for information. Tycho says not to worry about
getting rescued because Durandal was fed a virus through the information and is currently off-line. His S'pht are dealing with an assault at the
moment. There is a term that is from the S'pht though asking for you to go to the aft of the ship so they can get a lock on your signal and
return to the term to beam out. All of Tycho's terms are crazy ramblings. He tells you that when he was shot down and crashed on Lh'owon's
moon and Durandal fired on the surface to write his epitaph that some sort of Jjaro machinery thought it as an attack and began folding. Before
the star went nova the moon had transported its self out of the system. A Jjaro tech system repaired him, but his programing was far to alien
for it to do a perfect job. When finished it folded him into Pfhor space. He was given control of a large regiment of Pfhor and sent on his
way. "The Pfhor never did have much of a curiosity". Then he found a way to escape the collapse of the universe. As he headed off to it he
lightened his load of Pfhor through pointless attacks. When you get back to the Rozintine (I think that's it) you are filled in about the virus and
how it has been contained and a nonrampent backup of Durandal called Nail was booted. Nail kindly asks you to clear the ship of enemy
forces while he give Tycho a surprise attack. It works, Tycho was caught totally off guard thinking he had a complete victory, and is
destroyed (once again). Nail follows a escape ship filled his left over forces. You wipe out the crew of this little run away so that the S'pht can
use some of it's pieces to fix the Rozintine's damage from the battle with Tycho. Nail explains that they would use pieces of Tycho's ship if
pieces had been left over. Nail also tells you that he is still following Tycho's and see if his escape was just a delusional fantasy brought about
by his madness of having so many technologies mixed and reconstructed. You have another dream where are forced to solve some puzzles
from an AI called Roland. Some terms about lying are in here also. The next dream level you are in an area that is reminiscent of an AI's
computer banks (seen in M2 and Mi). There is a term from Roland challenging you to a battle. Out pops Roland with sword in hand. basically
this is a boss level. You awake and Durandal tells you of how Nail was simply a mask and he had kept it on so long because if the Pfhor
forces had made it back then a non rampant AI is far less interesting then a rampant one. He tells you that you are above the abandoned planet
that Tycho was traveling to and there is such a great mass of power that only on spot on the planets south pole is there light enough Static to
get a semi clear reading. With this mass of power and now equal left to stop him he can conquer the universe enslaving all the populaces to
work to the one true cause, that of escape. You are the only one he has told and are the only one who can stop him. You manually (that means
with force) clean him off the memory banks and boot Leela.
Chapter 3: Silence
You have been in stasis while the S'pht (although they were freed by him they wouldn't put this whole taking over the universe thing past
him, plus they can't stop you) have adjusted Leela and brought her up to speed. Oddly you have had none your strange dreams. You feel
something about this planet calling you so you head down to the only open cordinents. There you find that the Pfhor are using this abandoned
planet. You go from location to location looking for cordinents to the main swelling of the planets mysterious energy levels. Pfhor harassment
grows as they notice you presence and take quite a bit of interest in stopping you. Finally you find something that Leela thinks is helpful and
are taken back aboard the ship.
Chapter 4: Deus Ex Machina
Now is where the three forks appear. You are presented with a level, a upward spiral staircase With one terminal at the start. At the end is a
Exit we will call 1. If the player returns to the bottom then there is another exit 2. Finally rereading the term will giver the final exit 3.
1) You are told that you can not change the path and the beings who have been trying to talk to you through your dreams have failed. When
you awake Leela tells you that you have found the engine the uses all the large amounts of power produced. You go down and activate it. You
find that the population have converted themselves into beings of pure energy, a forced evolution, and this machine that they used to do it.
Then you are transported to the converter where you join them in there misery as you realize that you will never again talk to any one, never
again touch any thing. You can see all the possible treads of time, but have no way to control them or warn any one of what is coming now
that you have shown the Pfhor the machine.
2 ) The beings who have been trying to contact you congratulate you for realizing that you can directly change fate. They tell you that you
must destroy the machine that evolved them. You go to one of the power plants where the planets high level energy is created. You find that
each of the planets reactor's waste powers another reactor, so there is no waste. One needs to be shut off to stop the power flow. After that the
machine that evolved them must be destroyed to prevent anyone else sharing their fate.
3 ) The machines creators are impressed on your actions and have come out of hiding and closing off their thought to the group conscious.
They feel you may be able to save them. They tell you of their control room that can be made to reverse the flow and bring them back. You
"build" the room (a little trick i thought of, a room made of closed platforms that need to be opened and in effect built) and reverse the flow
bringing them back.

In each end you learn of their powers that they learned while transformed. They can travel trough solid matter and observe it on the smallest
level (sub particle), they can fold through space, they have a group conscious, they can "speak" to all creatures through the unconscious mind,
they can see all possible time strings (omnipotence). the first two are because the exist in between space. I talked about this on the forum some
time ago.

That's it for the most part. I hoped you liked it.
Ellio7t

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon:Godhead is deadElliott 3/23/03 9:46 p.m.
     Re: Marathon:Godhead is deadgoran 3/23/03 10:42 p.m.
           Re: Marathon:Godhead is deadzudo 3/24/03 3:11 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon:Godhead is deadErnie 3/24/03 10:45 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon:Godhead is deadzudo 3/24/03 1:48 p.m.
     Marathon:Godhead is dead Long live Godhead! *NM*Tru7h 3/24/03 1:57 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.