/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon Scenarios
Posted By: ErnieDate: 3/23/03 4:18 p.m.

How can I optimize a scenario's files (Image, Shape, Map, Music) to not cause hideous problems when played using Aleph One on Mac OS X and Windows using the SDL Aleph One?

In my readings, something regarding separating the resource forks (PICT SND and CULT resources) into a macbinary II file (?) has something to do with getting everything to work.

Anyone have experience or advice to lend? Perhaps someone who has converted other scenarios that were build in the 'classic' OS (I'm still using Mac OS 9 and 8.6).

I'm making the effort for those out there who don't want the hassle of starting up Classic Environment just to play WMaiD.
For those who want to play WMaiD on SDL, see my last post on the subject.

Regards,
-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon ScenariosErnie 3/23/03 4:18 p.m.
     Re: OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon ScenariosSpeaker-To-Animals 3/25/03 12:44 p.m.
           Re: OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon ScenariosBlacksmith 3/25/03 1:07 p.m.
                 Re: OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon ScenariosSpeaker-To-Animals 3/25/03 6:41 p.m.
           Re: OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon ScenariosSteve Levinson 3/27/03 6:57 p.m.
                 Re: OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon ScenariosErnie 3/28/03 11:37 a.m.
                       Re: OSX and SDL optimization of Marathon ScenariosSpeaker-To-Animals 3/29/03 12:22 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.