/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

SDL compatability help required for WMaiD
Posted By: ErnieDate: 3/21/03 4:30 p.m.

I'm looking for an individual or individuals who can assist in getting the Title screen and some of the terminal pictures for WMaiD working with the SDL version of AlpheOne.

Issues:
As it is now, I've tried placing (for example) the Image files resources into a seperate resedit file called 'Images.rsrc'. I've also tried 'Images.resource'. The same was tried for the Map file.

Oddly enough, when I try leaving all the resources inside the Map file, and play it... SOME terminal picts work great (durandals logon, the occasional side-terminal image). Others (seemingly at random) show up as 'missing'.

With the Image file, the .rsrc file route of separating the resource fork seems to have no effect.
The startup image appears (in rubicon its that circular lid thing with the saying regarding war. In WMaiD it's a sun) then the main menu graphics are simply black.

Theres no rhyme or reason why this is acting so. Anyone with conversion experience is welcomed. I've got a powermac and a Windows PC running XP at my house, so I've been testing things for the past 4 hours. Gha!

I'd like for Windows users to be able to play WMaiD with Chapter screens (which also don't appear) and all terminalpics visible.

Thanks,
-Ernie

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.