/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

What does the marathon look like?
Posted By: Vaxuum BOBDate: 3/1/03 2:47 a.m.

Here's a new topic for the story... What DOES the Marathon look like? Anyone around here have a screenshot showing it? Or a picture? I don't remember what the sprite representing it when you are in the pfhor ship in M1 looks like.
Anyways... It is one great big lump of rock, at the least originally. I remember some guys quite recently rendering 3D images of the aforementionned craft, but they just didnt look that much stoney... Were they realistic?
That's just cause I had an idea. One of those casual stupid whirls of imagination your brain sometimes feeds your conscience with...
What if someone was to map the Marathon? Not to "map" in the texture-applying sense of the term, but in the good'oll-fashioned cartographer way of doing things.
Where exactly is that observation bay to your left when you enter the ship, in the hangar bay section? To the back? On the sides? Near propulsion?
What if we were to replace, bit by bit, like a giant jiggsaw-puzzle, the maps contained in the original game...?
Some genius once said "before telling a tale, one must allways have a map", or something like that...
It seems to me like waay to much work for a normally built human being, but heh, who exactly is normal? Besides, it may have already partially been done...
Anyone wants to apply?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What does the marathon look like?Vaxuum BOB 3/1/03 2:47 a.m.
     Re: What does the marathon look like?HamburgerBoy 3/1/03 8:19 a.m.
           Re: What does the marathon look like?HamburgerBoy 3/1/03 8:32 a.m.
                 Re: What does the marathon look like?Vaxuum BOB 3/1/03 10:57 a.m.
                       Most likely. *NM*DonPistola 3/1/03 11:04 a.m.
                       Re: What does the marathon look like?Blacksmith 3/1/03 3:47 p.m.
                       Re: What does the marathon look like?Elliott 3/2/03 8:51 a.m.
                       Re: What does the marathon look like?Elliott 3/2/03 8:57 a.m.
                             Re: What does the marathon look like?Vaxuum BOB 3/3/03 7:40 a.m.
                 Re: What does the marathon look like?Vaxuum BOB 3/1/03 11:33 a.m.
                       I suppose so... *NM*HamburgerBoy 3/2/03 5:42 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.