/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Anyone notice this?
Posted By: FinniganDate: 1/8/03 6:15 a.m.

Hello all.

I am new to the forums and have been browsing the site on and off for a few months. I happened accros it while looking for first person shooter games for my new IMac and the site got me hooked into Marathon.

I don't get to play often, but I find the mysteries in the story very intriguing!

Something I noticed about the terminal screens on this site, and hope I'm not rehashing an old issue.

I was examining the corners of the screens for clues or changes, particularly in hte top right which appears to be a date (though the format is different from the "in text" format) when I noticed the 4 digits preceding the date are actually counting minutes and seconds!

I think this incinuates that the "date" is meant to be current, as obviously the terminals are giving you a sort of "game clock."

So now where the heck do the dates fit in as they're WAY off according to the time line? It would also add more credibility to the fact that Marathon 2 takes place BEFORE Marathon, no?

Also, in the very first message Leela gives us a completely diferent time and date. Is it possible that Leela's internal clock is different from the terminal system clocks? She does seem to be communicating to you through the terminals remotely.
and which appear in the upper left of every terminal session would suggest that Leela resides at or is bouncing through location "B.4.5-23"
The only problem with this is that I believe the other 2 AI's connect from the same location. Is it possibly a hub?

again, I hope I am not, and I'm sorry if I am rehashing old issues.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Anyone notice this?Finnigan 1/8/03 6:15 a.m.
     Re: Anyone notice this?Hamish Sinclair 1/8/03 6:53 a.m.
           Re: Anyone notice this?Hamish Sinclair 1/8/03 6:58 a.m.
                 Re: Anyone notice this?Finnigan 1/8/03 8:31 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.