/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Leela knew about Mjolnir??
Posted By: Agent ShemDate: 12/29/02 10:03 a.m.

I was reading the 10th Military Cyborg section of the story page, and the term where Mjolnir Recon #54 is mentioned almost seems to indicate that she knew, and did not want you to know, that you are a cyborg.

It also seems apparent that Bernard Strauss was the guy who got the 10 cyborgs on the Marathon in order to stage a coup. He did this with the help of Durandal. And Durandal tells us nothing more. We know, however, that a great many weapons were stored aboard for the rebels on the Marathon. We also have Strauss' speech (I think in Beware Low-Flying Defense Drones) about how he's going to pay everybody back and go into stasis.

Now, about the same time he goes into stasis, Durandal calls the Pfhor so he can get freedom, and then he asks the player to go look for a "friend" -- Strauss. Pleased that he is dead, Durandal begins the process of taking over the Pfhor ship and flying off to the S'Pht planet. He didn't want Strauss around because, I guess, Strauss was the only guy who could "pull the plug" on Durandal. The tools of the revolution (you) however, came in handy. Durandal obviously had knowledge of the cyborgs.

So, were all the AI's in collusion with Strauss about staging a coup using the ten cyborgs? The Fire term indicates that she either knew from Strauss or knew from Durandal.

In Moo, Tycho tells us that it was easy to find the 9 Tau Ceti cyborgs, and that we would be no different. Did Leela know that we were a cyborg and try to hide that fact? If Leela did know, how come Durandal wanted to go off by himself and not take Leela along with him?

The 10th military Mjolnir Mark IV cyborg

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Leela knew about Mjolnir??Agent Shem 12/29/02 10:03 a.m.
     Re: Leela knew about Mjolnir??Hamish Sinclair 12/29/02 10:23 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.